Anti-tank weapons (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
instead of massing the what is it thread I started how about we do another one here. Anti-tank weapons of different nations.

Ladies/Gents please add pics, text and whatever of your collections and , net, book sources if you would please

Erich

Attachments

• bazooka_006.jpg
    bazooka_006.jpg
    622.6 KB · Views: 2,718
that was better. this is my wifes garden room which has a few huge-like book shelves. close up of the rump of the rohr

Attachments

• bazooka_008.jpg
    bazooka_008.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 2,715
interesting, the photographers wife is in the background. funny that was not on the original scan......ooooooooh freaky.... oh well friends across the river playing with his digitial

ok another one as the last done : this the armored glass panel in the shield

Attachments

• baz.jpg
    baz.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,712
Okay, here's a piece of mess china. A soup bowl from the Soviet Navy - I've only put in the logo as you can imagine what the rest of it looks like!

Attachments

• soupbowl.jpg
    soupbowl.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 2,705
wish I had the room, esepcially with all the personal photos stored away....and there are some rare ones indeeed. Nice soup bowl med !

That bazooka is sweet. I noticed the the 'Tank Killers' book facing the camera.
Can we put proper photos from the war, or is this just what we've got. 'Cos I have nothing.

This Anti-tank artillery was the most powerful anti-tank gun in the world until 1942. The Germans found it so effective, and it was such a nice prize they even started producing their own ammo for it. It was Russian.

This one was captured and is on display at Nuremburg.

Attachments

• 76mmfk296r_pak-36r.jpg
    76mmfk296r_pak-36r.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,710
I believe the Germans made several modifications to the original Russian design. The PaK 36 (r) was also used to gun the Marder III (R) Tank Destroyer. Many were sent to N. Africa to aid the 88 in combating the heavily armoured Matilda.

I would like to point out that the FlaK 18 37 8.8cm, although used in AT role, was a classified AA cannon. Just in case anyone tries to say that the Pak36r wasn't the most powerful AT cannon in the world.

Attachments

• marder_iiir.jpg
    marder_iiir.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2,661
Good, I know this is WW2 General but the topic is anti-tank weapons and so a few of my pictures just might be from an earlier war... WW1!! Return to the days of the big cannon anti-tank guns and see how practical they have become since WW2. Then WW2, then finally into Vietnam and modern warfare. Sit down and enjoy the picture comparisons. Ha, Ha, Ha, I am a thread hijacker.

Attachments

• anti-tank_rifles_picture.jpeg
    anti-tank_rifles_picture.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,657
  • anti_tank_gun_color.jpeg
    anti_tank_gun_color.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,816
  • anti-tank_missile_fired_by_modern_soldier.jpeg
    anti-tank_missile_fired_by_modern_soldier.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,663
  • bazooka_muzzle_end_of_launcher.jpeg
    bazooka_muzzle_end_of_launcher.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 2,649
  • bazooka_projectile_images.jpeg
    bazooka_projectile_images.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 2,661
  • bazooka_rocket_clamp___ignitor.jpeg
    bazooka_rocket_clamp___ignitor.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 2,660
  • bazooka_trigger_assembly.jpeg
    bazooka_trigger_assembly.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 2,657
  • modern_soldier_firing_bazooka.jpeg
    modern_soldier_firing_bazooka.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 2,648
  • 88mm_on_russian_front_color.jpeg
    88mm_on_russian_front_color.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,662
  • soviet_rpg-7_colour_image.jpeg
    soviet_rpg-7_colour_image.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 2,651
you guys know what this late war killer job is.... ?

Attachments

• p150m.jpg
    p150m.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 2,606
Well, Panzerschreck? I don't actually know the difference between the Faust and Schreck...

hi D The Faust one shot hollow charge weapon and the Schreck a German copy of the bazooka
heres four for the thread I didn't include the sticky bomb as it was not a fired weapon. only the Mauser dates from the 1914-18 war.
The BOYS was well known for its fantastically vicious kick when fired as was the PIAT.
The Blacker Bombard was effective but it's mount was heavy and made it very hard to transport even with the legs removed.
Ive handelled both a Boys and a PIAT which is a beast of thing to cock and needed both feet on the thing to compress the spring.

Attachments

• mauser_anti_tank_rifle.jpg
    mauser_anti_tank_rifle.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 2,584
  • boysrifle.gif
    boysrifle.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,576
  • piat.gif
    piat.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 2,588
  • spigot.jpg
    spigot.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,583
HealzDevo said:
I forget what type the two ww1 anti-tank rifles are. Maybe someone can take the picture and find out what they are.

The smaller one at the Picture is a Soviet PKM Machinegun.It fire 7,62x54R
(Rimmed Edge) Ammo.It was put into service in the Red Army in 1964.

Greetings from germany
Kongo Otto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back