Any P-47M or N's left flying?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Simple economics. To build the airframe is relatively inexpensive, in the way of manufactured parts etc. to tool-up and build a small number of complex engines, plus the stocks of spares to support them, is not really viable. This more so when a very similar engine, with 'modern' certification, is available 'off the shelf'.
The Flug Werke FW190s are extremely accurate to the point of being issued what would have been the next series of Werke Nummer, and are not really replicas, but built exactly as the original, with some concessions to 'modern' regulations and safety requirements.
BTW, I don't know of any replica Bf109s .

to me its a matter of true likeness to what its trying to replicate. its not a focke-wulf 190 if it uses a chinese copy of a soviet engine as a substitute for the BMW. as someone pointed out to me, spanish bf.109s used different engines, that in the end, could they really be called bf.109s? if youre going to replicate something, then replicate all of it, and dont skimp out on anything.

I cant see why if there are blueprints to the BMW radial, they cant build that too. i understand modern engines are more reliable, but the engine is so much of what an airplane is. if this fw.190 replica isnt powered by the same radial engine that was central to its significance, then is it really a fw.190 in anything but name?

Actually I have seen one of these Fw 190s at an airshow, and it does not take anything away from it. It is absolutely amazing. Much better to have a modern built one flying with a different engine, than not flying at all. It was absolutely amazing to see it do a low pass over the field.

Actually I have seen one of these Fw 190s at an airshow, and it does not take anything away from it. It is absolutely amazing. Much better to have a modern built one flying with a different engine, than not flying at all. It was absolutely amazing to see it do a low pass over the field.

Post a video of something like that?
And when i hear it like that it doesnt sound so bad. This probably stems from my qualms about historical accuracy. Too often do i see dressed up and reworked vehicles and planes being passed off as something else. I dont really think anyone can understand when i get ired about these things, like chinese/soviet engines in fw.190 replicas

I take the original razorback hun hunter either crashed or was shot down?

There is a video on YouTube and it's in color of Hun Hunter XIV, and it is a razor back. I don't know how many Hun Hunters there were but I would assume there were more than one. But like I said, I really don't know.

Last edited:
New Bf 109 are currently built in Germany by a company nearby Munich in a small town close to the Munich airport
Metallflugzeugbau Metallbau Flugzeugteile spare parts Me Bf 109 - Hartmair Leichtbau Freising
Regards
cimmex

Very cool. Near Munich in Manching, they restore original Bf 109s as well. Seen one of them flying at Hahnweide a few times (flying with an original DB 605). I think they also have taken some Spanish built Buchons and converted them to actually Bf's with DB 605s.

Post a video of something like that?
And when i hear it like that it doesnt sound so bad. This probably stems from my qualms about historical accuracy. Too often do i see dressed up and reworked vehicles and planes being passed off as something else. I dont really think anyone can understand when i get ired about these things, like chinese/soviet engines in fw.190 replicas

I unfortunately do not have any video of it. I will see if I can find some on Youtube.

Here are a few pics that I have though. Unfortunately back in 2009 my camera was not a very good one, and the pics are not very good.

Edit: here is here a youtube video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfzf4Ot6uCY

Attachments

• fw1.jpg
    fw1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 108
  • fw2.jpg
    fw2.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Vielen dank, DerAdler :) there is something truly inspiring and magical when you see these warbirds fly, especially when you see the former mortal enemies fly together in unison

Thanks DerAdler! Great site just wish i could read german! If my great grandma were still here she could translate for me.....she always recited the lords prayer in german every christmas!

Is it me, or do certain planes just look more bad-ass on the ramp? The Fw 190 and P-47 both fall in that catagory for me. Both just look mean as heck on the ground. Some planes look fragile with the gear down; the Bf 109, the Spitfire, Zeros, and Hellcat all seem to lose "something" when the gear is down. Bucket list: to see and hear in person a Messerschmitt 109 and Focke Wulf 190 (radial engine) fly !

Is it me, or do certain planes just look more bad-ass on the ramp? The Fw 190 and P-47 both fall in that catagory for me. Both just look mean as heck on the ground. Some planes look fragile with the gear down; the Bf 109, the Spitfire, Zeros, and Hellcat all seem to lose "something" when the gear is down. Bucket list: to see and hear in person a Messerschmitt 109 and Focke Wulf 190 (radial engine) fly !

I get what ur sayin but i think the t-bolt is way more badass in the air diving on its prey with 8-.50's a blazin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back