Anybody else hear about this?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. Spike Lee is either a total moron, or he is just looking to stir up some controversy and take in some free press.

I love the last line of the article.

"I'm not going to make Nelson Mandela a white guy."

Damn funny.

Don't know if I would go so far as to call Spike Lee a racist, but for sure he is a jerk.

As Clint said, the focus of the movie was the flag raisers. What was he supposed to do, put in a separate scene for every Marine ethnicity, race, color, creed and national origin?

Hey Spike.....

STFU!

TO

I know the flag raisers were all white, but were there any scenes of the battle in the movie? Were there blacks that did play a role in taking the island? Is Spike complaining because none of the flag-raisers are black, or because there are no blacks in the movie at all?

Here you go, Spike...

Attachments

• stfu.gif
    stfu.gif
    236.2 KB · Views: 285
I read this article this morning - Spike Lee is an idiot. There was a well written article about this - there were anywhere between 700 and 1000 black soldiers at Iwo. Most of them were in support roles but when compared to the invasion force their numbers were very small.

What you have is lee trying to re-create history for the benefit of political correctness. Too bad Eastwood didn't have the chance to punch Lee in his face!!!!

I read this article this morning - Spike Lee is an idiot. There was a well written article about this - there were anywhere between 700 and 1000 black soldiers at Iwo. Most of them were in support roles but when compared to the invasion force their numbers were very small.

What you have is lee trying to re-create history for the benefit of political correctness. Too bad Eastwood didn't have the chance to punch Lee in his face!!!!

Maybe Spike should just make his own "black" WWII epic, with a black Hitler, black Roosevelt, black Tojo, negro Nazi's.... :rolleyes:

Maybe Spike should just make his own "black" WWII epic, with a black Hitler, black Roosevelt, black Tojo, negro Nazi's.... :rolleyes:

I suppose the "Red Guard" would have to be black too... :lol:

Attachments

• black-churchill.JPG
    black-churchill.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 260
  • blackhitler01.jpg
    blackhitler01.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 467
Comes down to this for me.....

6,825 Marines died on Iwo, and from what I can research, two (2) of them were black (from the 8th Marine Ammunition Company).

I salute those two Marines as I would any other who has served.

But Spike, you ain't getting your politically correct "equal billing" in "Flags" for that!

I agree with Joe, Clint should have punched him in the face!

TO

Now that would be a cool fight. Spike has the youth on his side, but Clint is a fitness FREAK. Besides, Clint could deliver some of his tag lines.........

"You boys going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?'
"Do you feel lucky, punk?"
"Dying aint much of a living, boy!"

*LOL* Okay, at least I know I wasn't the only one who was thinking he was pulling the "racist" card simply to be a prick....or because he was an idiot. I knew that the Army had started putting all-black units on the line very late in the war (instead of just in support roles...although, in one account of the Battle of the Bulge, one of the guys in the 101st had his foxhole near some "colored" artillery unit, and they all shared what meager supplies they had with each other, supported each other unhesitatingly during battles, and even mentioned that the black troops picked up rifles and gave a very good accounting during one skirmish...."Seven Roads to Hell" by Donald R. Burgette). I wasn't sure, off the top of my rather empty head, whether there were any black infantry units at Iwo, but the support troops did a bang-up job no matter where they were. However...."Flags of Our Fathers" was about the six flag raisers. "Letters from Iwo Jima" was from the Japanese side. Neither of which had integrated companies at that time. Spike....you're a moron. History happened, don't change it. And you weren't there, so we owe you nothing. As said before, I salute any serviceman, no matter what his race (or, on occasion, no matter which side he was on). If Spike Lee had served his country, that'd be another matter. He just wants attention.

Lee is a racist and a bigot. Like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, he is nothing more than a race pimp. Pushing revisionist history and threats of reparations in order to further his own personal gains. May he and the other two effers rot in hell for holding back a whole race of people with real potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back