Apollo 11

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Basket

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 27, 2007
Just watched a programme about Apollo 11 which had Buzz Aldrin talking.

Buzz clearly states that 11 was shadowed by a UFO and they even asked where the last rocket stage was in case it was that.

They kept it quiet in case people took them for nuts.

Wow...that freaky stuff...and from Aldrin himself.

Link please.(if any) At least tell me the name of the program and who the production company was.

I suspect that this one of the typical hatchet-jobs of Richard Hoagland and his ilk. They like to take Buzz's comments about the retinal flash phenomenon that is common in space travel and re-edit them to appear that the trip to the moon was on some sort of ufo superhighway.

/edit: This also could be be a rehash of the sighting of one of the inter-stage adapter panels which are jettisoned prior to the Transposition, Docking and LM extraction maneuvers. It was found on later lunar flights that those panels followed courses very close to the spacecraft.

Aldrin (like many other lunar astronauts) and a lot of personal problems after their missions. I met Aldrin at Santa Monica airport years ago and he was definitely smashed. I know he straightened himself out recently, even decked a guy who was hounding him about the "staged Apollo missions."

...even decked a guy who was hounding him about the "staged Apollo missions."
That guy was Bart Sibrel. He is one of the more vocal anti-Apollo conspiracy advocates. Aldrin was not the only one to take a swipe at him. Edgar Mitchell gave him a good sound kick to the backside for the same reasons as Buzz. John Young nearly went off on him physically but luckily had a chance to walk away before anything happened. Al Bean(one of the most congenial and friendly astronauts you can find) gave him a severe, profanity filled tongue lashing. Neil Armstrong basically told him that his(Sibrel's) credibility was not high enough to justify answering any of his claims.

Mr. Sibrel better thank his lucky stars that Pete Conrad and Alan Shepard are no longer with us. Pete would have humiliated him with humor and Al would probably have ripped his head off and stuck it on a spike.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back