Are you watching the FIFA World Cup, and whos going to be in the final?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Desert Fox

Senior Airman
Jan 15, 2006
Great Southern Land
Because Im an Aussie, I want the Socceroos to be in the final. And I think that Brazil will definetly be up there. Whats your pick?

Well the final will be Germany vs. Argentina and Germany will win the final 2-1.

Brazil will not make it to the final. They are only a figment of what they used to be. They are no longer as good. If you watched the game you will see that they were slow and no longer magnificent. The Croations have shown the world how to beat the Brazilians.

Anyhow I will take the train to Berlin for the finals so that I can watch Germany beat Argentina and party at the Brandenburg Gate.

You make a good point there, Brazil certainly is not as good as they once were. After seeing the match highlights of Brazil v Croatia, I think the Aussies have a pretty good chance of scoring a major upset.

BRING ON BRAZIL! Olé Olé Olé Olé!!

I certainly hope so because I do not like the Brazilian team but I doubt it. Brazil will pick up there game the next time araound, and Croatia had a very very good team, one of the top in the world.

Brazil were just playing lazy. Only Roberto Carlos sprinted for the ball that entire game. They knew they were going to win. If the other teams think Brazil is weak, they'll have a shock in store.

pD Brazil has actually been playing bad for quite some time now. It was not just that game. They are not as good as they used to be.

I agree Glilder. I think it will be a Germany Argentina game. Which actually I dont think is possible because of the way the brackets are broken down. I think that Germany and Brazil will meet in the quarter finals.

plan_D said:
Brazil were just playing lazy. Only Roberto Carlos sprinted for the ball that entire game. They knew they were going to win. If the other teams think Brazil is weak, they'll have a shock in store.

Me, pD, and my dad all agree. And probably will be right. Wait for it....

Adler said:
The Croations have shown the world how to beat the Brazilians.

No they haven't. They lost. So did the Aussies.

--- Here's the thing. Brasil is not trying, they have no need to. Why show their game? The only person who is truly a mere figment of what he once was is Ronaldo; fat, slow, and likely only still on the team because of a contract...

Let's watch tomorrow's game before further conclusions.

And you will see the same showing from Brasil through the whole tournament. The only player they have who can still play is Ronaldino (spelling might be wrong). All the other ones are just images of there past self. The whole team is slow and not playing the Brasil football that we all knew about. They are not going to win this tournament.

As for the Czech and the Aussies. Did you actually watch the games? Yes they lost to Brazil but they outplayed Brazil. Brazil played like ****, not because they were not trying but because that is how they play now. I have been following Brazil football now for about 2 to 3 years now since the start of the World Cup Qualifying (not because I like the team, but because I wanted to see how they were going to do) and they have been playing like this for about 2 years now. Nothing is going to change.

The US is out of the running.

What a bunch of useless wankers.

Thank god we still have the more entertaining sports like beach volleyball, baseball and (soon), summer training camps for football.

Well, well well. To all those who said the Aussies couldn't do it, I thumb my nose at you. What a match though! Very well fought by both teams, comiserations to the Croats, and congratulatory alcohol to the Aussies! WOOH!

The Croatian team should have all been sent off. I could not believe how much they were fouling, disgusting. Australia should have been given that game as a victory, and Croatia should be banned from football... until I finish my cup of tea.

syscom3 said:
Thank god we still have the more entertaining sports like beach volleyball, baseball and (soon), summer training camps for football.

Syscom just because you dont like the sport and just because the US can not play the sport and never has been able to (they only got lucky in past years to make the short distances that they did) does not mean it is not entertaining and fun.

I love the sport and so does the rest of the world. I guess that means it is the best sport in the world because 99% of the world can not be wrong (sound familiar ie. Budweiser in your damn arguments about it).

It is very entertaining to watch, it requires skill, great endurance, and passion to play the game. It is way more exciting than baseball where a ball gets thrown every 1 minute.

So please until your feeble mind understands the game dont knock it, especially in a thread dedicated to the World Cup.

That is deffinatly part of it. Another thing that makes it so great is the fact that you go anywhere and enjoy it anywhere because the whole world likes it except for couch potatoes who drink budweiser and dont like things that they just can not understand. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back