armstrong whitworth whitley by frog 1/72nd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
another of my old models needing restoration this time a a/w whitley by frog,pics to follow shortly

bob2246.jpg

bob2245.jpg

bob2244.jpg

i'm not sure howi'm going to refinish this one any ideas

i will do my best,still on a learning curve,i might try to crack open the cockpit to get some detail in there,i'm also not sure how to refinish her,bomber command or fleet air arm

FAA ? didn't know they used them, thought it was just BC, Coastal Command and Airborne Forces.

i read somewhere that they used them to anti-sub dutys but i've not had much luck finding any info on a subject

yes it did look like that,sorry must be a senior moment on my part

some progress pics to follow shortly,i've managed to get the cockpit open with out any damage,inside i found quite a lot of detail already including nav position and table that looks as though it was part of the original kit

bob2252.jpg

canopy now removed ,pic shows cockpit detail already fitted as part of the original kit

bob2289.jpg

bob2288.jpg

bob2290.jpg

bob2291.jpg

bob2292.jpg

bob2277.jpg

bob2275.jpg

bob2278.jpg

progress so far with new prop blades made and now in new camo and markings,the marking are not of any aircraft just for fun so that it looks ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back