Asian posters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL

Attachments

• DC36DD9957337923A45F3FA01275F3BA.jpg
    DC36DD9957337923A45F3FA01275F3BA.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 86
  • BD191A012103C60776E1B229EB4D6A45.jpg
    BD191A012103C60776E1B229EB4D6A45.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 85
I have some Chinese friends and used to discuss the war many times.

They say "As long as we are friends now, we'll forgive you about what you did on the continent. However, please allow us not to forget the past."

Many people lump Asia into one classification..

The animosity between China, Korea, Japan and the Philippians is often understated. There is controversy over what is taught in schools in many Asian nations. Does the average Japanese 20 year old know what happened in Korea and China in WW2?

Of course, our average twenty years old generation know what happened in China and Korea in WW2 as they were taught history at school. Further more, they are positive about learning Korean and Chinese to comunicate with them. They often visit Korea and China to learn more as an experience.

You might not know but the Korean culture is very popular with young people here for these a couple of years. Chinese now chasing it.

However, the history issue is still very political among the nations.
What I can tell: Our students(including my son and daughter) are knowing these facts at least -
1. Japan invaded and occupied Asian countries.
2. Japanese Army, above all, killed a lot of Chinese people.
3. It was our fault.
4. The Constitution of Japan prohibits a war in Article 9.

How about "Comfort Women", Unit 731, forced labor, biological/gas warfare, human experiments and torture? Is it common knowledge? I hope so!!!!...

About the "Comfort Women", Mr. Hiroo Onoda - the last IJA soldier who surrenderd at Lubang Island in 1974. (His details) wrote his experience in China.

He says such service was being managed by several civilian merchants for the Army. They always moved with the military units together, so the military may be being thought they were concerned with the incident. Bad merchants would have cheated local innocent girls saying "A good job for you".

About "Unit 731, forced labor, biological/gas warfare, human experiments and torture", if my memory is correct, a book titled "731 butai(unit)" was issued about thirty years ago in Japan. Facts would be as stated in the book.
There are no room to doubt as IJA was so infamous for us Japanese too.

What I know today is the Japanese Goverment has been digging out those abandoned chemical weapons to decompose in China. I believe that is our sincerity and apology for the Chinese people at least.

I have some Chinese friends and used to discuss the war many times.

They say "As long as we are friends now, we'll forgive you about what you did on the continent. However, please allow us not to forget the past."

wee need allways to remember the past to dont fall in the same mistakes in the future. not just chinese and japanese, everybody.

and japan today, is the second great economy in the world, a technological power and a peaceful country. if all the nations could have a "article 9", world would be a better place to live. im sure many koreans and chineses see japan as an example to be followed. i see japan as an example to be followed.

You are welcome Thorlifter. Nice questions. I've enjoyed them.

Hi JugBR. The Article 9 is an answer obtained from the ash.

Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back