August 7- Purple Heart Day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
Many states across America have declared August 7 as National Purple Heart Day to honor those who were killed or wounded in combat. To me, there is no greater honor than to be in the presence of someone who has received the Purple Heart or any decoration for combat service.

Remember all of them today. If you see a PH recipient, give them a salute, handshake or just a simple thanks.

I think that our first Commander In Chief said it best.....

"Let it be known that he who wears the military order of the purple heart has given of his blood in the defense of his homeland and shall forever be revered by his fellow countrymen." - General George Washington, 7 August, 1782

:salute:

Steve

I just heard about it yesterday, Mike, through one of the Veterans groups. Several states are calling August 7 Purple Heart day. I'm not sure how it all got started.
About time, though.
We got days for everything else under the sun, those are the guys that made it all possible.

Hear, Hear. Not only blood but several pounds of personal hamburger. Memorial Day for those who made the ultimate sacrifice though that day has lost a lot of its meaning. Hope this takes on some "official" status

What is a shame is that the majority of Americans have forgotten what these kind of days mean.

To most Americans Memorial Day and Veterans Day are just a day to BBQ and drink lots of beer without even thinking about the soldiers that the day is in memory of. As a Veteran this pisses me off. I Personally don't want any recognition or anything like that. I did not give the ultimate sacrifice, but those that did, do deserve it. Those that were willing to give the sacrifice (all those that put a uniform on) also should be recognized.

Then again, I also think that Police and Fireman deserved to have a day of recognition as well.

Amen, brother. I just remember my Dad, and a buddy of mine, every day, and I am happy to be here, now.
The "official" days are nice, maybe it will help somebody out there to think of the sacrifice that others have done for them.
But, for me , every day is Memorial day.

Amen, brother. I just remember my Dad, and a buddy of mine, every day, and I am happy to be here, now.
The "official" days are nice, maybe it will help somebody out there to think of the sacrifice that others have done for them.
But, for me , every day is Memorial day.

I agree as well. You actually said it much better than I did. Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back