Aussies and cold beer...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Maria! The USAAF in Britain during WW2 did a similar thing to make ice cream. They filled drop tanks with the mixture, flew up to 20,000 feet or so, then came back with drop tanks full of ice cream !

Yes, but XXXX, evereyone knows a hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer, and the cold beer is Vic, Victoria Bitter!!!

Always makes me laugh when I meet O/S friends and they ask about Fosters Larger.... Tastes like Cat piss, we don't drink it here, we send it overseas!!! lol

pete

Nice one Maria! The USAAF in Britain during WW2 did a similar thing to make ice cream. They filled drop tanks with the mixture, flew up to 20,000 feet or so, then came back with drop tanks full of ice cream !

How did they get the stuff out of the tanks afterwards? *curious*
Cool anyway, thanks for sharing, Air. :thumbleft:
Geoffrey Wellum writes about, how their ammo were replaced during a flight to...I think it was Malta...cartons of cigarettes were inserted, where the belts of ammo for the machine guns were supposed to be. Not something the pilots felt very comfortable about. I don't blame them, what with all the jerries in the air all over the Mediterranean. ;)

Last edited:
Don't you guys just love us................
happy0180.gif

party0016.gif

:hotsun: :hotsun:

I wonder of the cigarettes were .30 calibre or .50 calibre......?!!!
"So there I was, right on his tail, and I gave him a three second burst of Rothman's...."
"Yeah, I got a '109 with a short splash of Guinness!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back