Australia Day (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PLease explain "Australia Day"? Never heard of it. But have a great day!!

P.S.: Is it when you all have to go back to England and leave Australia to the abbies? :) :)

I think that it's more like that they all travel back to the good ol' England, do some serious crimes, so that they can get sent back to the colonies again as prisoners....
About the same almost as 4th of July....

8) :D :lol:

Australia Day, also known as Anniversary Day and Foundation Day, is the official national day of Australia... Celebrated annually on 26 January, the day commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet in 1788, marking the start of British colonisation of Australia..... Many Indigenous Australians see Australia Day as a celebration of the destruction of Indigenous culture by British colonialism... Since 1988, "Invasion Day" protests have been held supporting this view....

Australia Day is an official public holiday in every state and territory of Australia, and is marked by the Order of Australia and Australian of the Year awards, along with an address from the Prime Minister....

Records of the celebration of Australia Day date back to 1808, with Governor Lachlan Macquarie having held the first official celebration of Australia Day in 1818.... In 2004, an estimated 7.5 million people attended Australia Day celebrations and functions across the country...

Australia Day is often seen as controversial by historians of English humanity... Alongside proposals to change the date of Australia Day, there has been significant protests from the Indigenous Australian community...

and a Happy Australia day to you too! I'm not doing much, looking after my daughter and still recovering from my Brother's 18th on the weekend!

I was hoping the billy cart races would be on in my local town, but looks like they've scrapped it for raft racing... :(

Might go out somewhere local and see whats doing, but it's also raining here :(

Happy Aussie Day to all other residents of the sunburnt country. In true Aussie spirit I'm recovering from too much to drink and playing backyard cricket like I used to be able to!

Sean

Cheers to all those honourary non aussies :lol:

I went cruising down to the beach in my Torana, flag across the parcel shelf 8)

Came home played some backyard cricket before losing a few balls ended play, tough wicket though, heaps of rocks :lol:

hope you guys had a great day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back