Avia B-135

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Laurelix97

Airman
Aug 3, 2016
Ive got a problem

When i look up performance of B-135
it states 535km/h. but it doesnt say if it was military power or at War Emergency power. On top of that, not even altitude is metioned
-
Same goes for its rate of climb
13.5m/s, but is that the initial climb or is it the average of lets say 0-6000m? its Vague.

Another favor would be the power curve of its engine (how much horsepower)
Military Power at Sea level
War Emergency Power at SL
Military power ar other altitudes

Ive got a problem

When i look up performance of B-135
it states 535km/h. but it doesnt say if it was military power or at War Emergency power. On top of that, not even altitude is metioned
-
Same goes for its rate of climb
13.5m/s, but is that the initial climb or is it the average of lets say 0-6000m? its Vague.

Another favor would be the power curve of its engine (how much horsepower)
Military Power at Sea level
War Emergency Power at SL
Military power ar other altitudes

Hi ..
Max. speed of these Czechoslovak fighter was 535 km/h in 4.000 meters
by climb rate is it a average 13,5 m/s
Engine Avia HS 12Ycrs - power 838 hp

enough ?

Hi ..
Max. speed of these Czechoslovak fighter was 535 km/h in 4.000 meters
by climb rate is it a average 13,5 m/s
Engine Avia HS 12Ycrs - power 838 hp

enough ?

But we still don't know if it's 535km/h at military power or War Emergency Power

13.5m/s is vague because that can mean average rate of climb or initial climb. I swear the engine is rated 860hp tho

The Hispano engine and indeed, all prewar engines/most early war engines, did not have a War Emergency Power rating.

Some Hispanos were rated at 830-835hp for take-off (they had to be throttled back) and 860hp at altitude (3250-3300 meters). I wouldn't worry about 838 vs 830hp on a licence built engine.

The Hispanos ran on 87 octane fuel and the chances of the users of the B-135 (or any other users of Czech aircraft) getting any better fuel to try overboosting with are pretty slim.

But we still don't know if it's 535km/h at military power or War Emergency Power

13.5m/s is vague because that can mean average rate of climb or initial climb. I swear the engine is rated 860hp tho

'War emergency power' and 'military power' are US terms, not used by Czechs or French, or anyone else before 1940s. Eg. the French used term 'puissance nominale' ('nominal power') for max power an engine can make.

The Hispano engine and indeed, all prewar engines/most early war engines, did not have a War Emergency Power rating.

Some Hispanos were rated at 830-835hp for take-off (they had to be throttled back) and 860hp at altitude (3250-3300 meters). I wouldn't worry about 838 vs 830hp on a licence built engine.

The Hispanos ran on 87 octane fuel and the chances of the users of the B-135 (or any other users of Czech aircraft) getting any better fuel to try overboosting with are pretty slim.

The Hispano engines with 7:1 compression ratio were for 92 oct fuel was recomended (manual staing '85/92 oct'??). Grated, Avia-produced Hispano engines were of older type, CR of 5.8:1, where 85 oct was minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back