Avia B.534 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bullo Loris

Senior Airman
Oct 14, 2006
Hi:eek: ,

If you have materials about the plane Avia B.534, please post it!, I attend your reponds.

Best regards.

Bullo Loris

yes, I haven't write, cutaway drawings, please If you have this post it!.

Thanks.

Bullo Loris

Here you are.I hope it was helpful.

source unknown:

Attachments

• b534.zip
    277 KB · Views: 143
  • Avia B534_.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
I'm not Bullo Loris!
Wurger, thank you, but I couldn't find what I'm interested in. Those are only draws and pictures but not the technical details I'm looking for.

Sorry German, but these materials have been for Bullo Loris as you could see,not for you.I suggest to get contact with Pisis in the matter you are looking for. :)

Wurger and Pisis, thank you for your help!
Probably you already know that I'm from Bulgaria, where this plane was used during WW2, and this is why I'm so interested in it.
Happy New Year from me too!

Are you sure that it was B.534? I'm certainly sure that Bulgaria have used B.35's!

I am kinda doubtful to your thought of Avia B.534. These were used only in pre-war Czechoslovak army and after being captured the Luftwaffe, they were used as trainers. Also, the German Admirality thought to use them as carrier aircraft.

In Spring 1944, some B.534's were taken by the Czechoslovak insurgent army and used in the Slovak National Uprising.

As to the B.35, here u go some data...
Wingspan: 10,85 m
Lenght: 8,50 m
Height: 2,60 m
Weight (empty): 2 063 kg
Weight (take off): 2 447 kg
Maximum speed: 535 km/h
Critical speed: 850 km/h
Travel speed: 435 km/h
Climbing rate: 13,4 m/s
Ceiling: 9 500 m
Range: 940 km

b-135.jpg

And here some very interesting links for your further research:
http://www.airwarfareforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=27986&sid=540c7493013cc542fcec3dfdf8d5a928
avia b.35 bulgarian - Google Search
AirWar - Avia B-35 / B-135
THE GREAT PLANES Community - GOT: The Avia B.35/135
WW2 Bulgarian Avia-135

Thank you Wurger for posting the drawings they were what I was looking for to complement an article in Airplane magazinne Part 17 (Orbis publisher).

German ,this article lays truth to your claim,it states "During the winter of 1939-40 Bulgaria recieved 72 B.534s,which equipped five fighter squadrons.These were retained on Bulgarian territory and their only combat sorties were against Consolidated B-24 Liberator bombers returning from the disastrous 'Tidal Wave' bombing raid on Ploesti oilfields in Romania, on 1 August 1943.

Happy New Year and Peace to every one.Regards Rcmeca

Rcmeca, I'm aware of that long time ago !
Pisis, I'm disappointed in your answer.
In 1939, Bulgaria recеived scores of B.534, which were actively used against the american aviation during the Ploesti raids in 19943/44. Moreover the B.534 was used as ground assault aircraft against the Wehrmacht in the end of the 1944.
Bulgaria also recеived dozen B.135 which were used as a training aircraft. However a pair of B.135 was once used against a formation of B-17.
Bulgaria has NEVER had an Avia B.35 !!!

Thank you Wurger for posting the drawings they were what I was looking for to complement an article in Airplane magazinne Part 17 (Orbis publisher).

German ,this article lays truth to your claim,it states "During the winter of 1939-40 Bulgaria recieved 72 B.534s,which equipped five fighter squadrons.These were retained on Bulgarian territory and their only combat sorties were against Consolidated B-24 Liberator bombers returning from the disastrous 'Tidal Wave' bombing raid on Ploesti oilfields in Romania, on 1 August 1943.

Happy New Year and Peace to every one.Regards Rcmeca

You are welcome mate.
As far As Bulgarian B.534s are concerned it is true.Additionally,I've found info that the planes were bought by Bulgaria for 40% of their price.In The Bulgarian Air Force they were called "Dogan".But still no the technical details for German. :(

Rcmeca, I'm aware of that long time ago !
Pisis, I'm disappointed in your answer.
In 1939, Bulgaria recеived scores of B.534, which were actively used against the american aviation during the Ploesti raids in 19943/44.

:oops:

I knew B.534 was the very last biplane to shoot down a bomber in WW2 (B-24 over Ploesti). But I never realised it was Bulgaria that had these planes. Thanks for letting me know that, German. I found out that Bulgaria bought 78 pieces from Germany in Winter 1939.

Moreover the B.534 was used as ground assault aircraft against the Wehrmacht in the end of the 1944.
that is what I was speaking about in the previous article - it was used by the insurgent Slovak Army during the Slovak National Uprising. ;)

Bulgaria also recеived dozen B.135 which were used as a training aircraft. However a pair of B.135 was once used against a formation of B-17.
Bulgaria has NEVER had an Avia B.35 !!!
My bad, I didn't recognize between B.35 and B.135. thanks for this info! 8)

As to your demand, here you go the data:
Avia B.534 (not sure which Mk.)
Engine: water-cooled Hispano-Suiza HS 12Ybrs, outpu 850 hp
Wingspan: 9,40 m
Lenght: 8,20 m
Height: 3,10 m
Uplift surface: 23,56 m²
Weight: 1,460 kg
Take-off wieght: 2,120 kg
Max. speed: 394 km/h
Travel speed: 345 km/h
Armament: 4x synchorinzed machineguns Model 30 cal. 7,7 mm
Carry: 6x 20 kg bomb on wing rack
Range: 580 km
Ceiling: 10,600 m
Crew: 1

Here you go a detail information about Dogan in Bulgarian services... Håkans Aviation page - Bulgarian Air Force use of the Avia B-534 during the Second World War

avia_16.jpg

Was that what you wanted? :D

Thanks so much Pisis!:lol: .

Bullo Loris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back