Avia CS 92 under Israel flag

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi,
I recently started a Me 262 model and you can see the thread here, if you wish:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/start-finish-builds/me-262-trumpeter-kit-1-32-a-35597-3.html#post978103

I already ordered some dedicated German decals, but there is an option I'm thinking about since a few days: I learned somewhere that Israel in 1948 had a few Avia CS 92 on trial so, not a what-if but, if historically correct, I could do this very special version.

Do you have any confirmation on the above option? Does anybody have any picture that shows the above?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

Interesting, although I have never heard about this. When searching for aircraft, Israeli Haganah agents learned of the Czech built CS-199, which it's possible these guys could have come across the CS-92, but of course one issue that would most certainly have arisen was supply of engines and parts. Perhaps (if they did get one to Israel) the reason the type was not put into service was because of this. Its feasible since the CS-199s were crated and flown in C-46s from Czechoslovakia to Israel, so one could have ended up in a crate.

An Israeli Me 262? Go with it - it'd make an interesting 'What-if'; you could buy some Israeli decals for the 'Messerschmitt' as the Israeli pilots called the CS-199 and put them on.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the answer, I will think about a "what-if".
By the way, I said CS-92, that was the training version but, in reality, I meant S-92, the fighter!
Alberto

Indeed you are right, Alberto and the S-199 was the single-seat fighter too. Good luck with the model.

p.s. I should have known this; 'S' in Czech aircraft stands for 'Stihach' or 'Fighter'.

Last edited:
What if.... pic source : the net.

israel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back