Aviodrome Lelystad The Netherlands

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
I have been here often. Took many pictures in the past, but now decided to try and make them more interesting.I try to practice my skills and become better in photographing, especially indoors. It's difficult to photographe in the Aviodrome, as it is very dark and no room around the aircraft. Few succeeded. Didn't use a flashlight. Just two aircraft that stand out in my opinion.

Here two of the Fokker C.V. It's a special aircraft, the only survivor of May 1940 still in existence. Stil most people run by hardly noticing it.
c5-2.jpg

c5-1.jpg

An original Fokker F.VIIB. Not the three engined one. Great aircraft.
f7-1.jpg

f7-2.jpg

Will shift through some more pictures if there are any noteworthy to show.

Marcel, is it a picture of an airplane? Than it's worthy to show! :D

Well... not always. I have pictures that I rather not show ;)
Got a couple more for you guys. Not all very special, but nice and hopefully you'll see an airplane or two that you haven't seen in real live before. I'm pretty sure the first two were among those.

First an interesting close up of the F.VII. Cannot imagine factories stitching up the metal plating on their aircraft like that.
f7-3.jpg

A Constalation, the small version. I am told that it can still fly, although it hasn't done that in years. Gotta love the curving body. Ik remember I've taken one more like that from the wing. Will look that up later:
con.jpg

con3.jpg

con2.jpg

The T2 hangar, pretty interesting.
On top is the Fokker Spin, a 1936 replica build by Fokker itself of the first Fokker Aircraft, the 1911 Spin. It still flies occasionally. The DC-2 is the Uiver. Have seen and photographed it in the air many times. Sadly it doesn't fly anymore since 2 years. Something to do with a disagreement among the owners I'm told. In the back you can see another DC-2 hull if you look carefully. There are still plans to restore that one, but doubt it will happen due to finacial problems.
spin.jpg

Flyable Fokker D.VII in Dutch colours. Also in the T2 hangar:
d7.jpg

A Wrightflyer A:
wright.jpg

Sikorsky H-5
heli.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody? It's the leading edge of an F104 Starfighter. It'll take your head clean off if you happen to collide with it as it is razor sharp, so they had to put wooden strips up front to prevent accidents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back