AVRO ARROW News

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tracker

Senior Airman
Dec 20, 2012
Burlington
I am on the road heading home after 3 months of being a "snow bird" in the sunny south, and received the following information from the museum I volunteer at. After rumors in 1959, that one of the arrows flew out of Toronto before the torches cut up all of the CF-105's, it seems to be true. The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum has acquired this escapee, plans are being made to restore it. Great News!!:multi:

https://www.facebook.com/CanadianWarplaneHeritageMuseum?ref=stream&fref=nf

I hope I'm wrong but that picture looks like a fake. When blown up the Arrow looks like a model with over sized panel lines. The nose cone also looks photo shopped into that crate

Attachments

• arrow escapee 1.jpg
    arrow escapee 1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 129
  • arrow escapee 2.jpg
    arrow escapee 2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 116
Sorry guys. The museum did own-up and admitted it was an April fools post. Damn them. I did not realize what day it was as I was returning back home. I should have realized when they said they would just taxi it. We have a Vampire that with a few months work would be airworthy again, gut they have no interest in this venture. I guess all arrowheads had a shot of adrenaline when they saw this. OH, if it was only true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back