Avro Manchester 1a

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

otftch

Staff Sergeant
Dec 8, 2006
Franklinton,NC
Here is an older conversion of an AVRO Manchester 1a.The kit used was the Airfix Lancaster(the origional molds).The Vulture engines are scratchbuilt.
Ed

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 4.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Great work Ed! :D

Vick, as far as I know, there was a lot of experimentation in the fin layout. Some had the vertical fin aswell (two sizes were tested I think), some just the outer fins...

When I converted this model I had only the photo without the center tail. I didn't even know about it. Ah..the wonders of the internet ! I didn't know it was a "1a" until recently.
Ed

Certainly a nice model Ed. I remember the original Airfix Lancaster kit first time around, back in the late 1950's, when it was state of the art - even though it was moulded in baked mud! You've done a gret job mate.

Jan, I think if you can't see these it's because its a bmp file. So it has to be switched to a jpg. Only mods and the poster can change that. But why is it that some people can't see a bmp file?

Great work!

Ed, if you don't mind I just changed this to JPG, can all see it?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back