B-17 landing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey *******!

You are not the only person here with flight experience. We have everything from private fliers to people with P-51 time to even an actual B-17 pilot who flew in the war.

Do you know what I get sick and tired of?

Assholes like yourself who think you are the only ones who fly.

Do not come into this forum with an attitude, do you understand! Most of us may not have experience flying B-17s or what not, but that does not give you the right to have an attitude to other members of the forum.

You can get your point across without being a fricken prick!

Keine Notwendigkeit zu unhöflich. Alles, was ich geschrieben habe, wurde Tatsache. Es tut mir leid, ich habe mehr Erfahrung und Wissen, als Sie tun.

Keine Notwendigkeit zu unhöflich. Alles, was ich geschrieben habe, wurde Tatsache. Es tut mir leid, ich habe mehr Erfahrung und Wissen, als Sie tun.

1. My post was not directed at you! Go back and read my post and you will see that it was directed to the person that I quoted!

2. Speak English with me. I am an American!

3. I never claimed to be the most experienced person on this forum, so get off the high horse!

4. I was not being unpolite! I was addressing someone who came onto this forum with an attitude, which we do not take kindly to.

5. Stay out of conversations that do not pertain to you. My post was obviously not directed at you to begin with!

6. If you are unsure if something is directed at you or not, PM the person and ask first! It can save a lot of Embarrassment.

Sorry, I thought it was directed at me. I also thought you were German since you have a German flag instead of a US flag next to your avatar.
As for being on a high horse, I was just stating my opinion based on my experience. I have a very direct style of writing. It shouldn't be taken as anything else.

Sorry, I thought it was directed at me. I also thought you were German since you have a German flag instead of a US flag next to your avatar.
As for being on a high horse, I was just stating my opinion based on my experience. I have a very direct style of writing. It shouldn't be taken as anything else.

No worries, I am not a hard person to get along with.

I am an American but my mother and wife are both German. I served over here in the US Army and currently live as a civilian here working for the US Army until my wife is finished with her college and then we are moving to Alaska (hopefully this year...).

Well, it looks like the bullets and hand grenades have stopped, so Im going to come out of cover to make my statement.:shock:

I think the majority here thinks the pilot was hot dogging on the tail high landing. The knowledge on this forum is incredible so I believe that is the truth. The bounce landing hopefully was a lesson learned for that pilot, one that he won't repeat....if he is still flying that plane.

These warbirds are surely something to be cherished, and cared for. However, I don't want to cast a no "showing off" blanket on them all. I want to see the Mustang scream by, hear the Merlin magic and then climb and roll into the clouds. And you can replace "Mustang" with Messerschmitt or Corsair or Spitfire. I want to see these aircraft perform. That is what they do better than anything.

A chance meeting that had me resurrecting this thread.

I ran into the former manager of the March ARB Aero Club the other day. "Fred" ran the aero club for a number of years and has boo-koo hours in all types for aircraft including several hundred hours in Dave Talachet's B-17. I told him about this clip and thread and he said there is no reason to keep the the tail up on a B-17 and discussed the weakness of the tail and vertical stabilizer main spar that was a weak point of the aircraft.

My 2 cents of the day - buy high tech stock.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back