B-17F 42-29815, LG-P, Miami Clipper.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
From the 322nd BS and the 91st BG, does anyone know how missions she flew?

Attachments

• MiamiClipper.jpg
    MiamiClipper.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 182
Not found as much as I thought old chap. However, she was first assigned to the 308th BG on 20 April 1943, and transferred to the 91st BG at Bassingbourn on 14 September 1943. She was one of three veteran B17Fs returned to the 'States on 6 April 1944, so I'd guess that, after almost a year of operations, she would have clocked up a healthy number of sorties, and had a number of crews.

Yep, most of the internals were the same or similar. As for the structural work, only a very small amount can be seen through the waist gun positions on the 'F', and the Bombardier/Nav compartment, in the nose, had padded, lined walls, so no frames showing there. As for the cockpit, b*gg*er all can be seen apart from the seats and part of the panel, and maybe the base of the top turret and that area. With the radio room upper hatch open, some stuff can be seen, but not much, and of course, if the bomb doors are open, and you turn the model upside down and squint, then some detail can be seen there!I've got loads of internal detail shots when you need them old boy!

Yep, most of the internals were the same or similar. As for the structural work, only a very small amount can be seen through the waist gun positions on the 'F', and the Bombardier/Nav compartment, in the nose, had padded, lined walls, so no frames showing there. As for the cockpit, b*gg*er all can be seen apart from the seats and part of the panel, and maybe the base of the top turret and that area. With the radio room upper hatch open, some stuff can be seen, but not much, and of course, if the bomb doors are open, and you turn the model upside down and squint, then some detail can be seen there!I've got loads of internal detail shots when you need them old boy!

Thanks awfully sport....

Another Fort? Woo hoo!

Yup! Got to love the 'fort'....

Some of those mouldings look rather soft - but then it is an old kit, released before the much more detailed 'G' IIRC. But I'm sure you'll improve those areas which need it, and/or can be seen. I had to give mine away to a relative's son when I moved house about 18 years ago - D*mn !! (Still got the 'G' though, even if it needs finishing!)

Already see some things needing replacement, such as wheels, guns, engines, instrument panel..... :lol: Even if an old kit, it is a nice kit nonetheless... :D

Wonder if these Quickboost engines would fit the Revell F variant with a bit of trimming, seeing that they were made for the Revell/Monogram G....

Attachments

• QB48039.jpg
    QB48039.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 154
Yep, shouldn't be a problem. As I mentioned earlier, all the major components in each kit match each other. For example, it would be possible to use the starboard fuselage half of the 'F', joined to the port half of the 'G', and the same with wings etc.
The basic moulds are the same, just with changes for the type, F or G. and of course Revell and Monogram are the same company anyway !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back