B-17G Commissioned Artwork (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ColesAircraft

Airman 1st Class
Hi, friends! A bit ago I completed by first B-17 painting, which I'd done more-or-less for myself to combine with parts I had of B-17G Serial Number 44-85813. Here are the results of that project:

A-B17-4.jpg
b-17e.jpg

Shortly afterwards I was contacted by a very nice lady who asked me if I could somehow change the markings of this 303rd BG a/c to that of the plane her father had flown of the 457th BG. He had won the Silver Star flying 'The G.I. Virgin II'. Unfortunately that project was a non-starter, since his a/c was unpainted. I suggested a whole new commission and she provided me with photos of the markings.

I thought it came out nicely - though I took a bit of a risk with the moon and especially the lightning (too much???). Today I had it printed on 24 x 36 silver metallic paper - and wow! This is the first time I've used this paper on a subject like this, that was originally natural metal, and it's quite an eye-popping effect. Too bad it doesn't photograph well.

A-B17G-1.jpg

Wanted to share - and welcome any input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back