b-17g vs b-24j vs ju 390

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fly boy

Staff Sergeant
Jan 16, 2008
now i know they never bombed people with the 390 but if it was used do you guys think that it would have changed the war and compared to 17s and 24s how would it be ranked

It would not have compared to the B-17 or the B-24.

Go actually look up the Ju 390 and you will see that it was a much bigger aircraft and would have been a heavier bomber.

well i haven't seen a 390 before anyone got one and post it on here it would help

Then how did you come up with the idea to compare the 3 aircraft?

Attachments

• ju390.bmp
    189.9 KB · Views: 256
  • ju390-1.jpg
    ju390-1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 270
  • ju390_2.jpg
    ju390_2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 276
njaco whats the name of it

The Ju-390 sure looks like an interesting aircraft but would it have worked? Looks kinda like those other Amerika Bomber projects, promising, but not plausible. Between the B-17 and B-24 its hard to decide. The B-24 was certainly more advanced but the B-17 had a better reputation. Part of this comes from the fact that the -17 had a lot of dead space in the design, meaning that it could talk a hit in the wings without having some of the critical systems threatened, where the B-24 was more compact in design. One hit and your toast! Personally, the B-17 is a better looking plane though

yea it would have worked just two things stopped it A. the fact of allied bombing and B where would they find airfields big enough before the allies took it after they got half of france back

yea it would have worked just two things stopped it A. the fact of allied bombing and B where would they find airfields big enough before the allies took it after they got half of france back

Production was only canceled because of the need to concentrate on fighters. Airfields were never a problem.

Ok sorry guys. I just thought it looked like alot of other failed German designs. What where the specifications on that thing, it looks like it could have carried alot more than the B-24 and B-17 I mean it has 6 engines! Oh and is it related to the Ju 290 because it sure looks similar.

Just a slight correction. The Germans did not have too many failed designs, just designs that were too late, influenced by outside events or left victims of politics. The Germans actually had many advanced designs that led to many of the aircraft we have today. Maybe they weren't exactly effective for the role they were designed for - circumstances overtook a few of them - but they did work and were far from failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back