B-2 Incident at Whiteman

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thumpalumpacus

Captain
Feb 5, 2021
Tejas
Mods, I was unable to post this in "News" due to "Insufficient Privileges" (weird bug, don't know why) so I'm posting it here. Please move to "News" when someone is able?

Anyway, only learnt about this today:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Air Force has grounded its entire fleet of B-2 stealth bombers following an emergency landing and fire earlier this month, and none of the strategic aircraft will perform flyovers at this years' college bowl games.

A bomber experienced an in-flight malfunction on Dec. 10, forcing it to make an emergency landing at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri, where it caught fire. The fire was extinguished and there were no injuries.

The standdown is significant in that there are fewer than 20 stealth bombers in the entire fleet and the aircraft provides, along with the B-52 Stratofortress, the air leg of the nation's nuclear triad. The B-2 has been regularly deployed to the Indo-Pacific and more recently to Europe as a show of force. During the standdown the entire fleet will be inspected, 509th Bomb Wing spokeswoman Air Force Master Sgt. Beth Del Vecchio said.

I hope this gets sorted quickly. Anyone heard anything more than this bland release?

Mods, I was unable to post this in "News" due to "Insufficient Privileges" (weird bug, don't know why) so I'm posting it here. Please move to "News" when someone is able?

It is not a bug. The "News & Announcements :: READ" section is a special folder under the protection of the forum system. Generally it is not for posting the news from around the world by all. This is the Admin section for the info regarding our site that has to be announced to all members. Also it can be called the Global Announcement. As a result the forum staff can post here only. For the rest of the members there are the "Off-Topic/Misc." and "Events" sub-sections in the "Current" section accessible.
However if a thread is moved here form other sections by our team, the posting in such one is allowed for all guys.

smiles,

W~

It is not a bug. The "News & Announcements :: READ" section is a special folder under the protection of the forum system. Generally it is not for posting the news from around the world by all. This is the Admin section for the info regarding our site that has to be announced to all members. Also it can be called the Global Announcement. As a result the forum staff can post here only. For the rest of the members there are the "Off-Topic/Misc." and "Events" sub-sections in the "Current" section accessible.
However if a thread is moved here form other sections by our team, the posting in such one is allowed for all guys.

smiles,

W~

Oh, gotcha, thanks for clearimg that up, and sorry for the headache.

That's caught me and others before as well. Maybe change the title to "Site News"?

Nice idea. That would clear up any confusion and should be a fairly simple fix.

I had been completely out of the loop regarding the B-2 crash though. Seems that Whiteman is open again but I can't find any information regarding the aircraft flying again.

Wheels

Nice idea. That would clear up any confusion and should be a fairly simple fix.

I had been completely out of the loop regarding the B-2 crash though. Seems that Whiteman is open again but I can't find any information regarding the aircraft flying again.

Wheels
Based on the B-21 program going ahead the rumor is this B-2 will become a hangar queen.

The left wing is pretty much a write off, and the repairs would be pretty extensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back