B-25 bailout bell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wheelsup_cavu

1st Sergeant
What type of alarm bell was used for the bailout procedure on a B-25?
I would like to know the Part number and see a picture of one if possible.

Are there any videos with sound of it being tested or sounds of it that can be downloaded?

For the bailout was there a specific set of instructions that was supposed to be used by the pilot?

Quoted from page 140 of the B-25 pilot manual at the Internet Archive: Pilot Training Manual For The Mitchell Bomber, B-25 : U.S. Army Air Forces. Office of Flying Safety : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Thanks in advance for any information.

Wheels

I only have info on your third question. "For the bailout was there a specific set of instructions that was supposed to be used by the pilot?"
Almost all USAF aircraft had a subsection on bailing out, in the emergency section of the manual (typically section IV). However I'm looking at AN 01 -60GB-1, Revised 15 July 1944, and there is nothing about bailing out, although there is a long section about ditching. Similarly for one dated Nov. 1, 1942. Similarly for 1943 version.
Each of these has one paragraph and a 3-color diagram showing emergency exits.
I also have a TB-25K manual from 1957. It has more on the subject, including topics such as how to jump out.
By comparison, a B-24 manual from January 45 has more specifics, such as which door each crewman should bail out of, and specific duties before jumping.

Users who are viewing this thread