B-25 crash in NY, 1943? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blue Yonder

Airman 1st Class
Jun 8, 2008
Upstate New York
Hey Everyone,
I have been trying to figure out some information on a B-25 that crashed in Oct. of 1943 near my college. I go to Keuka College and a professor told me that the plane crashed near Branchport, NY. I attempted to find some more information on it and can't seem to locate any. Pictures, files, reports, and anything else any one can provide would be appreciated. Also, if anyone can supply me with a database to search for aircraft and what became of them that would be great.
Thanks
-Pete (Blue Yonder)

The date is included in the thread, even in the title "B-25 crash in NY, 1943" and if they click the thread I mentioned it crashed in Oct. of 1943. I was attempting to find any information on the crash, I fail to see where it could have been misconstrued into a recent crash with the date posted in it.
Please allow this to be posted because I am going on a trip to investigate the crash site with a professor and would like any and all information that I can find out.

well i know a b-25 hit the empire state in like 42 or 44

The date is included in the thread, even in the title "B-25 crash in NY, 1943" and if they click the thread I mentioned it crashed in Oct. of 1943. I was attempting to find any information on the crash, I fail to see where it could have been misconstrued into a recent crash with the date posted in it.
Please allow this to be posted because I am going on a trip to investigate the crash site with a professor and would like any and all information that I can find out.

I added the date after it was posted to avoid any confusion. Because there are a few of us actively involved in the warbird community, it is important to post a date so that there is no confusion.

I did not delete the post, just added the date.

Was this event near Penn Yan? There was a bomber crash in October 1943 near Penn Yan. I can send you some articles if this is the crash you are researching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back