B-25 crash in Parkville Misssouri around 1941 or 1942

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jvoeller

Recruit
Jul 2, 2011
Am new to the Forum and am so pleased to find it. For several years, I have been searching for information on a plane crash that took place in my area. Sometime in 1941 or 1942, a B-25 crashed in the area of Parkville, Mo. near Park College. I have searched everything from newspaper archives which do not go back far enough to sites like gen3disasters and found so many crashes but not this one.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find something on this. My reason is that a close friend of my 95 year old father was a B-25 pilot who flew the "hump" and the pilot of the crashed plane was one of his co-pilots years before. My father knows him because he was the machine gun tester and quality inspector at one of the B-25 plants during WWII and his friend was a test pilot for some of the later variants like the 75mm addition.

Thanks very much.

John Voeller, Senior VP, Black Veatch Engineers

This is what I found, I suspect the one you are looking for is probably the 2nd one highlighted (this lists all B-25 crashes in MO up to 1955). Both planes were written off. You can order the Accident Investigations for both which should give you all the info you are looking for. Hope it helps, and welcome aboard.

Attachments

• B-25 Crashes in MO.JPG
    B-25 Crashes in MO.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 176
Thank you so very much for your response. Please forgive my ignorance but when you say I can order the accident report, I honestly have no idea what site or entity I would connect with to acquire the report. Please take care and have a great 4th.

Sorry about that John.

A little more info:
1st one was piloted by Raymond R Quick
2nd one was piloted by Victor D Gibson.

Either of those the person you are looking for?

Thank you very much sir. My father is 97 and was a line inspector at the plant for the war period. His close friend was a top B-25 pilot and after the war, flew nine other kinds of planes including jets and became lead pilot for FedEx and personal pilot of Fred Smith. Both where freinds of Captain Quick. Thanks very much for the follow-up as the report on the second plane was classified. Take care and Thanks for your effort.

John Voeller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back