B-26 Marauder Question (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Magnuzk

Airman
Jan 28, 2008
I wonder if there is anyone who can answer three questions I have about the B-26 Maruader. My sources are limited and the new B-26 book I recently bought did not answer them.

a) Did the B-26 have an AFCE (Automatic Flight Control Equipment)?

b) Was there heat for the crew men in the B-26?

c) Was there an oxygen system in the B-26?

Sincerely,

Magnus.

I wonder if there is anyone who can answer three questions I have about the B-26 Maruader. My sources are limited and the new B-26 book I recently bought did not answer them.

a) Did the B-26 have an AFCE (Automatic Flight Control Equipment)?

b) Was there heat for the crew men in the B-26?

c) Was there an oxygen system in the B-26?

Sincerely,

Magnus.

If you are referring to an autopilot in question a the answer to all 3 is yes.

Thank you for all replies so far. I appreciate your help very much. I have also read in the B-26 manual that there was heat and oxygen in the B-1 and C models, but was that needed when flying at the altitudes the B-26 usually flew on?

I also found in the manual that an oxygen regulator was not installed in later models of the B-26. Does this mean that there was no oxygen installed in those later models?

Magnus.

Thank you for all replies so far. I appreciate your help very much. I have also read in the B-26 manual that there was heat and oxygen in the B-1 and C models, but was that needed when flying at the altitudes the B-26 usually flew on?
I think it would depend on the theater of operations - for example the PTO vs ETO.
I also found in the manual that an oxygen regulator was not installed in later models of the B-26. Does this mean that there was no oxygen installed in those later models?

Magnus.

Possibly, again depending on the mission and theater. Oxygen was used above 12,000 feet. In the PTO most mission were flown pretty low - additionally there was the avaiability of portable oxygen units as well that could be field installed.

Maybe the Marauders had O2 equipment and maybe not. I was building a model for a friend of mine who usta fly Marauders for the 320th Bomb Group. I noticed a piece in the Monogram 1/48 B-26 that looked like a rather large watermelon that was sposta be painted yellow and with hoses coming from it and located by the aft wall of the cockpit. He told me that there wasn't such a thing in his planes. I am not sure of this last part but I seem to remember him telling me that is where his dog sat when they flew so he knew there wasn't anything there.

- Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back