badger

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guy's

just gotten a badger 180-22E compressor ( swapped for a realtree shooting jacket )

ANY idea what they are like as this is my first compressor

Badger equipment used to be the 'Bees Knees' once upon a time Keith. It's still good stuff, but of course there is much more choice these days, and there is always that group of people who 'must have' tea latest all singing, all dancing, gold plated airbrush and compressor. Hence, Badger aren't perhaps as well known as they were once.
However, all of the compressors from Badger are excellent and will work well and last a lifetime, if looked after. I don't know exactly which one it is from the number, but I think I can visualise it. If it's the one I think it is, it'll have a pressure gauge and regulator, and is fairly quiet in operation. Sounds like you've got a good deal mate.

Hi guy's

Had a look at it and it look's like a regulator on it aswell as the gauge. you can also run 2 airbrushes of it at the same time.Here's a pic of it

compressor.jpg

Yep, that's the one I thought it might be Keith. It's one designed originally for art studio use, heavy duty continuous running. And that is a pressure regulator, on top of the gauge, so you can adjust for some really fine line, low pressure work if needed, with the right airbrush. Nice one mate.
Note, if it hasn't been used for awhile, run it for about five to ten minutes, then fire air through your 'brush, just to 'exercise' the piston and valves etc. Then just practice, maybe with inks or watercolour paints, on card or paper, to get the feel of the 'brush and the different pressure settings of the compressor. Those cheap bottles of liquid primary colour paints at kiddies toy shops are ideal for practice, thinned about 50/50, and clean up can be done with water.

I have an old Badger compressor. It does not have the pressure regulatr, so pressure is continuous. I have never had a problem with it in 30+ years and literally hundreds of models. Only thing I have ever done is wipe the motor cooling blades down to remove the dust and grime. Runs like a champ even after being stored in my garage with no use for 15+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back