Baltic Griffon - Supermarine S.31 (Spitfire PR. XIX), Swedish AF 1955, Airfix 1.72 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BombTaxi

Tech Sergeant
Nov 27, 2004
Barnsley, S. Yorks, UK
Hi chaps

A few shots of the latest one finished, Spitfire S.31 31040 '11/60' of 1 Div. Flottij, Nykoping, 1955.

Out in the sunshine...

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Posing with the Defiant...

IMG_0706.jpg

A Swedish Spit on a Swedish bookshelf! (Sorry, I couldn't resist...)

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

Cheers

BT

Thanks chaps 8) I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and it's a cracking kit for the money. I hope the rest of Airfix's new tooling releases come up to the same standard.

Thanks guys! :D The Swedish scheme was what actually made me buy the kit - I like doing something a bit different wherever I can, and there are scores, if not hundreds of Spit kits in RAF colours in all sorts of scales. Which is a shame when you consider how widely used the Spit was. I already have my eye on Turkish, Italian and USAAF versions to join this one on the shelf 8)

Very possibly :lol: I'm just starting to delve into the world of aftermarket decals, and I already have a good 30 models to build after half an hour browsing Hannants :twisted:I think the next order may well be a sheet of decals and kits to match - I've just seen a Portugese Spitfire/Hurricane combo sheet, plus a Costa Rican P-51D which seems very appealing ... it seems the more obsucure they are, the more likely I am to want to finish them :lol:8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back