Baseball playoffs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

diddyriddick

Staff Sergeant
May 29, 2009
Hamlet, NC, US
Belated congratulations to the Baseball teams who've advanced to the ALDS. For those not familiar with American Baseball, these 8 teams will compete till there are only 2 left who will then play in the World Series(I know-it is a misnomer, but whatcha gonna do).

Yankees vs. Twins
Red Sox vs. Angels

Rockies vs. Phillies
Dodgers vs. Cardinals

Freeway series!

Dodgers vs Angels!

GO PHILLIES...My dream as a kid was for the Phillies to meet and beat the Yankees in the WS,I'm still waiting.The Phillies have no real national attention as evident by last years WS ratings[and that they played the RAYS].Defeating the Yankees[or the Red Sox] would be awesome and at least give us some respect.They were the 1st team in the history of baseball to loose 10,000 games.They are also the oldest,longest team in all professional sports to have retained the same team name and remain in the same city from their very beginning.The 1880-1882 Worcester Ruby Legs[AKA Wor.No Names,Wor. Brown Stockings] moved to Phila. and became the Phila. Phillies in 1883.Now,all Phila. teams sports fans are notorious for their behavior and the football stadium even has a jail and court room in the building.They are quick to praise and even quicker to deride but they are loyal to no good end.As a SM here at WWIIaircraft states in his posts"Pillage first,then burn"Philly fans Burn first ,THEN pillage.Even after almost 20 years in S.W.FLA. I'm still a die hard Flyers-Phillies-Eagles fan even my 2 sons 16 and 18 live little,die often as Philly fans. I think Mike Schmidt said it best"Philadelphia is the only city where you experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day"

Last edited:
Since my team was eliminated about 3 weeks ago, I've been rooting for the Twins. But they seem to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against the evil empire.

Oh, well.

:(

The last line is courtesy of Lil' Bit.

lost intrest in baseball since the strike.. now seems always the same teams in the end

Hats off to the Rockie's players and manager for the mature and professional manner in which they conducted themselves.There was no whinning or excuses,they accepted the bitter pill of defeat with dignity and purpose,rare in sports today...GO PHILLIES

If we get past the Dodgers,which I think we will[but anything can happen in the playoffs]I would rather play the Angels with whom I feel we have a better chance of beating,but I don't think they will be able to get past the Yankees.So,I'm thinking a Phillies-Yankees WS......

new_jersey_copy.gif

LOL, the smelly guy from New Jersey hates my Yankees, will I ever be able to sleep again???

YES!

jersey_jswhite_BODY.gif

What I like about the Yankees? They beat the crap out of the Soxs at regular intervals. Never paid any attention to the AL until the interleague play started and those asswipes from Boston started showing up in Phila acting like they invented baseball. They really are pricks. Yankees Fans never do that. Yanks Fans show up and start commenting on a slider missing or the changeup hanging or whatever. They know the game. Same with the Orioles types. Only the Soxs are truely obnoxious (not counting NL teams in here, that's different, especially in the division-they're supposed to be that way). Can't stand them. That's why the Yankees are my favorite AL team. They slap the Sox around like Red Headed stepkids. It's fun to watch.

Looks like the Yankees and Dodgers are favored. I hope the Phils take the Dodgers. They have to take at least one out in LA to have a good chance of winning the series. If the Dodgers take both in LA, it's going to be really tough to sweep them in Phila.

As much as I hate to say it, a lot depends on Manny. If he's having a good series, it's going to be tough on the Phils.

As for the AL, my money is on the Yankees.

Would love to see the Phils and Yanks go at it. That would be OUTSTANDING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back