Beech Model 17 'Staggerwing' Pictures / Profiles

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hard to come by I think...I've been trying to track down pics of the RNZAF impressed Staggerwing....
I do have a 3-view drawing and a walkaround photo shoot if that's of any use to you.

Evan

Attachments

• Beechcraft 17 (1).jpg
    Beechcraft 17 (1).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 242
The 3-view's not of the RNZAF scheme unfortunately - just a B/W line drawing. Drop us your address in a PM if you're interested though.

To be honest, I don't know how the RNZAF's sole example (NZ573) looked in service, the only photo I've found so far was taken after one of two very bad crashes...

Andy...great pic!

I've got an old IPMS journal with a few pages on the military Staggerwings. Send me a PM with your address and I'll get it to you.

Hi Tom -- I know this Staggerwing doesn't meet any of your criteria--it's a civilian version in the US--but it's such a gorgeous plane I couldn't resist!

Attachments

• Staggerwing.jpg
    Staggerwing.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 340
Here's a couple of shots I took of the Staggerwing at the Air Force Museum. The first is from about 15 years ago and the second is from last Feb.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 198
  • P2120533.JPG
    P2120533.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 204
I have 1000+ photos I've taken at the Air Force Museum over the last 25 years during 10 or more visits. Also many taken at the Smithsonian. I probably have at least one picture of 95% of the aircraft at either museum. If anyone needs to see any of them let me know and I'll post them.

Here's a few. Don't know anything about them though. Cheers.

Attachments

• Beech_UC-43Traveller.jpg
    Beech_UC-43Traveller.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 145
  • beechd17a001.jpg
    beechd17a001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 154
  • beechd17amarinha.gif
    beechd17amarinha.gif
    36 KB · Views: 163

Users who are viewing this thread

Back