Best 1/72 B-24

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys,

What's the best 1/72 B-24? I'd like to do an RAF SEAC aircraft, so a B VI. I assume that's basically a J? I'm not sure of different turrets etc, but that can come later I suppose.

Thanks!

Thanks Paul, that actually led me to find this boxing!

eduard2110reviewmd_1.jpg

All this talk about B-24's is making me succumb to peer pressure. Must...resist...converting...1/48...B-24D...to...RCAF....GRV...with purchase... of...Belcher Bits...conversion. Too late, done. Damn you again Cory.

Geo

Ah the B-24........................... mine is BMF and has the Sleepy Time Gal decal attached, just the lettering to go, IF I ever get back on it.

Yes, but first my shelves dropped onto it and smashed it into bite sized pieces.

Ouch, didn't realize that was one of the casualties. Hopefully it shows up soon.

fubar57 said:
All this talk about B-24's is making me succumb to peer pressure. Must...resist...converting...1/48...B-24D...to...RCAF....GRV...with purchase... of...Belcher Bits...conversion. Too late, done. Damn you again Cory.

Geo

:lol: Sorry/you're welcome Geo! Don't make me look at it too...

N4521U said:
Ah the B-24........................... mine is BMF and has the Sleepy Time Gal decal attached, just the lettering to go, IF I ever get back on it.

Get on it Bill, looking forward to seeing the finish product. Looked at the thread and so far so good! Not that I should talk about finishing models, my % for GB completion must be abysmal.

Yep, same with me and "Chug-a-Lug", however Glenn has offered a replacement canopy, so there might be a resurrection!

I'm already itching to build another already. I've got 6 in the stash now. 3 Accademys', a "D" an "M" and a PB4Y-1, a Matchbox Privateer, an old Revelle PB4Y-1, and a half finished 1/48th Monogram "D" that I haven't finished because I don't have a place to put it after the wings are on.

I've wanted to build one for a long time, but always thought I'd do a 1/48. But I just don't know where I'd put it. Seeing the 1/72 Lanc I bought makes the size still seem impressive. I'll never drop down to 1/72 for anything other than heavies though.

I've wanted to build one for a long time, but always thought I'd do a 1/48. But I just don't know where I'd put it. Seeing the 1/72 Lanc I bought makes the size still seem impressive. I'll never drop down to 1/72 for anything other than heavies though.

I thought about doing that too but I was too late, I've already got a DC-3, B-24D and J, a B-29, a Cat and an AC-130 in the stash.

Geo

Looks like Glenn and Co have started something!
I picked up the Monogram 1/48th scale B-24J at a great price at the Duxford air show on Sunday. The box had been opened, and the parts off the sprues, but it's all there, plus a bonus vac-form canopy set - all for £20 (normal retail is around £33, and about £5 for the vac-form canopies) !!
Where the **** I'm going to put it, I don't know !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back