Best Nightfighter of WW2 (Continued)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Indeed this I did not know...this is a big downfall...during night time hunting even with a radar is difficult. Friendly airplanes could be considered foe...Tricky....

Attachments

• sign2_102.jpg
    sign2_102.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 519
ERich, thanks for keeping our information and talk correct. This is also for corecting me. I would like to know more about your book if it is in print now or when it will be out? ;)

which one ? :D

Moskito-jagd über Deutschland is huge almost 800 pages now. so it could be in two volumes.

Another book on the Ju 88G-6 a/c and crews is still in the works and I am working with an artist right now for the profiles, and trying to figure what a/c fotos I will use plus the text. It will be small, well maybe......

E

the other work is roughly translated "Angesichtes des Silbrigen Mondes"

In the Light of the Silvery Moon

this will cover the Ju 88G-6 and crews, etc..........some sehr Kühl materials I have collected the past 15 years plus.

will let everyone know about the two volume monster though when we are ready. Eagle editons has already offered to do this for us and I know Jerry's sense of quality to detail first hand, so we will see

thanks for the interest friends !! 8)

E ♪

I'm very much looking forward to reading your books too, Erich...your area of expertise is of great interest to me, I can't seem to find enough about this era, particuarly from the German viewpoint...

It's many years since I read Gunther Bloemertz's ''Heaven Next Stop''...but I'm curious to know if you've read it, and what you thought of it ?...
It made quite an impression on me at the time, the effect that impending defeat had on the Luftwaffe pilots was most pronounced, quite a different read to most other books on the Air War of WWII.....

Gemhorse

My pick for the best night fighter is the
DH-98 MOSQUITO as best fighter overall. The best fighters for each nation is as listed
GERMANY-----MESSERSCHMITT 110
BRITAIN-------DH-98 MOSQUITO
USA----------P-61 BLACK WIDOW
JAPAN---------J1N GEKKO
USSR----------PE-2
I think the one with the best armament is the messerschmitt 410
the one with the best armor was the P-61.

the Me 410 was never a night fighter. the intrtuders of KG 51 and 54 only had 2 to 4 2cm forward firing cannon. Ju 88G-6 clearly superior to the Me 410

Users who are viewing this thread

Back