Best Russian Fighter

What was the best Russian fighter of WW2?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

actually whilst technically the Bf-109 outclasses the I-16, the I-16 gave the german pilots such a shock as it was so much better than they expected that they were orderd not to fight them .......................

Yep, I find that hilarious

On IL2 FB the I-16 Type 24 is an amazing plane, I was just flying it, took out 2 Me-210's, Fw-190D9 (On Ace level!), 2 Bf-109F's and a Macchi MC.202 (On veteran level)!
I then went to land but because I forgot you had to manually lower the gear, I crashed

No argument there.

BTW: the landing gear was hand cranked.

=S=

Lunatic

the lancaster kicks ass said:
BTW: the landing gear was hand cranked.

did he say it wasn't?? if anything he said it was.............

I just pointed it out because hand cranking was a significant and lengthy task. I don't think he mentioned it was hand cranked.

Last sentence 8)

My bad.

I've always been a fan of the Polikarpov 1-16, made a model of one when I was younger, and although not the 'Best', after having seen them flying down here along with the 1-15 bis, the La-9 and Yak-9UM, much prefer them for their uniqueness....If I voted the 'Best', I'd probably go for the La-9.....However, I vote the 1-16, apparently they had a great rate of climb and are a delight to watch flying....
The Warbird Movement down here has been instrumental in restoring alot of Russian fighters, starting with 1-16's and 1-15's, and it's quite surprising how formidable they all were, reading some of the History...

Attachments

• raf_487__nz__sqn._chalks-up_another___hard_day_s_night__..._157.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,037

Users who are viewing this thread