Best Russian Fighter (1 Viewer)

What was the best Russian fighter of WW2?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JCS

Senior Airman
Jul 15, 2004
Nicholson, PA
Which do you think was the best?

I have to go with the La7....

Best AT THE TIME was the I-16. Tricky little beast, but the world's first "modern" fighter. La-7 was best of the war, though.

La7-FNV

Yak-9UT and Yak-9P were pretty hot too.

=S=

Lunatic

I'd have to go for the La-7 also 8)

R Pope said:
Best AT THE TIME was the I-16. Tricky little beast, but the world's first "modern" fighter. La-7 was best of the war, though.

By the time of WWII, the Rat was already obsolete. Even in Spain it didn't do that well. It was a very innovative plane for its day, but it was outclassed by even the first Bf-109's.

=S=

Lunatic

RG_Lunatic said:
R Pope said:

By the time of WWII, the Rat was already obsolete. Even in Spain it didn't do that well. It was a very innovative plane for its day, but it was outclassed by even the first Bf-109's.

=S=

Lunatic

the I-16 was still the worlds first "modern" fighter, you can't deny that..........

Since when was it a fighter lanc....

JCS, you can edit your poll 8) If you go up to the first post you should see the button "edit". If you click that you can edit your poll :D

the lancaster kicks ass said:
the I-16 was still the worlds first "modern" fighter, you can't deny that..........

Nope. It was very innovative in 1934. But by 1936 when it went to battle in the Spanish civil war, it was about an equal match for the Italian C.R.32 byplane, and it was serously outclassed by the Bf-109. It never dominated the skies anywhere.

=S=

Lunatic

It was the first fighter with a retractable undercarriage, and just because it wasnt match for the 109's it doesnt mean it wasnt the worlds first modern fighter. The only reason It had little battle success is because there were no wars for it to fight in at the time, had it been actually fighting in 1934 it would have been far superior.

lanc statement IS correct, he never said it was the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back