best US jet in current service (1 Viewer)

Best US jet (relativeley modern jets)

• F-117 nighthawk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F-111 aardvark

• F-5 tiger

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • F-4 phantom

• F-14 tomcat

• F-15 eagle

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • F-16 Falcon

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • F-18 Hornet

• C-17 globemaster

• AWACS sentry

• F-22 Raptor

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • X-35 jsf

• Boeing RC 135

• AV8 harrier

• Goshawk

• Buckeye

• B-52

• KC 135 tanker

• A-10 thunderbolt/warthog

• Intruder

• Prowler

• c-5 galaxy

• C-141 starlifter

• B-2 Spirt

• S-3 Viking

• T-38 talon

• B1b lancer

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

abhiginimav

Airman
Dec 29, 2006
London
Sorry for the last one, this one i have made more revisions...hope this is better.....

!!!!NOTE!!!!! CAN VOTE FOR JET ON ANY TERMS BE IT BEST AT COMBAT, LOOKS ETC!!!!!!!!

I have included aircraft which im not sure are still in service or not, some aircraft which are due to come out soon, and some planes which are used by the Top gun Agressor flight school.

I have not made it specifically for USAF but all jets in use with US forces. Vote for as many as you want.

I'll have to point out now, the R.A.F is a poor quality air force compared to thirty years ago. It is under-equipped and under-manned. It's fighter is pathetic, and the only good capabilities of the RAF are transport duties and logistical support. And even that's in light logistical situations because we're short on helicopters.

The RAF and Royal Navy pilots are some of the best in the world, and they're certainly world renowned. I'm sure some of our pilots military or none, will know about the quality of the British military aviators.
But in a slugfest, the RAF has not single speck of chance against the USAF. I doubt the RAF would have a very nice day against the USMC or USN.

How can you compare an airforce with the Tornado F.3 as an air superiority fighter, against someone who has the F-15, F-16 and F-22 all operational as air superiority fighters. An airforce with no strategic bomber, against one that has the B-1, B-2 and B-52. The only thing we have that the U.S hasn't got is the world's fastest helicopter, the Lynx. But that's a pointless achievement in a full-scale war.

Your list to too broad. Best for what? Speed? Agility? Navigation equipment? Bomb load? Lifting capability? Fuel consumption? Best bathroom? You're comparing apples with oranges with walnuts!

Just out of curiosity, what's w/ the indian air force + raf - best air forces in the world???

LOL jus patriotism really.........the aircraft, for the RAF, yes they may be inferior to USAF, but the pilots are good...and the indian air force.....well.....um.....thats just patriotsim i suppose....although i do like some of their jets.

Your list to too broad. Best for what? Speed? Agility? Navigation equipment? Bomb load? Lifting capability? Fuel consumption? Best bathroom? You're comparing apples with oranges with walnuts!

best in anything....looks, speed......just whats your favourite(s)

:lol:

i assume by bathroom you just mean chemical toilet ;)

Never underestimate the ability to drop trow and let it loose when you're flying :D Last thing you want is to have to sh*t so bad that you can't step on the rudder pedals and have to use the trim wheels for directional control... but that never happened to me! :lol:

The F22 may have the best ultimate preformance but I went for the JSF as its probably more flexible and still good enough to take on any of its opponents.

If its to do with chemical toilets all I can go on is the space craft where it is generally accepted that the Russians have the best loo.

really, i'd have thought that'd go to the Americans, you know, given they're so full of s....andwiches, meaning they have to go to the toilet more ;)

and don't forget the British contribution to space travel, without which the Americans would be lost... the space microwave!

Never underestimate the ability to drop trow and let it loose when you're flying :D Last thing you want is to have to sh*t so bad that you can't step on the rudder pedals and have to use the trim wheels for directional control... but that never happened to me! :lol:

Man we would fly missions of about 8 hours a day almost when we were in Iraq and you could not help it but have to piss in flight. Thats the great thing about the flight suits. You unzip, grab an empty water bottle and fill it up! :lol:

Ofcourse I would tell the passengers before hand so if they did not want to see my wang all hanging out they could close there eyes.

I was allways afraid to be taking a piss and then get fired at and we woudl do evasive manouvers and I would get piss all over me.

The shitter on the C-130s is surrounded by a curtain. I still though could not get over the fact that I was taking a **** and on the other side of the curtain was this chick about 6 inches from me sitting in the jump seat. Oh well she could not hear it atleast because these damn birds are loud!

Man we would fly missions of about 8 hours a day almost when we were in Iraq and you could not help it but have to piss in flight. Thats the great thing about the flight suits. You unzip, grab an empty water bottle and fill it up! :lol:

Ofcourse I would tell the passengers before hand so if they did not want to see my wang all hanging out they could close there eyes.

I was allways afraid to be taking a piss and then get fired at and we woudl do evasive manouvers and I would get piss all over me.

dangerous perhaps but did you never try to piss out the side door?

As far as transports are concerned, I'm extremely impressed by C-17s. They'd always fly into Quantico to pick up HMX-1.

How about the MV-22B? It's got a gas generator! Just souping myself up guys :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back