Bf-109 G-6 or G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
I am talking about the plane flown by Magg. Mario Bellagambi, commander of 5ª Squadriglia Bf-109 G-14 "Yellow 1". I am having a debait on weather this aircraft was a true G-14 as it didnt have MW-50 boost installed. If it doesnt have MW-50, does that make it a G-6. Here is a picture below of the aircraft in question.

Dont know the source of the picture, but if someone does, I will put it in this spot.

Hello Beau
I agree, in principle G-14 was a G-6 with MW-50. Also late G-6s had Erla-haube, some had alsothe wooden tail and some that underwing "Morane" antenna.

Juha

Maybe this will help,
Academy 1/48 Bf-109G-14, by Fernando Rolandelli

Messerschmitt Bf 109G-14 W.Nr 464380, "Yellow 1", 5ª Squadriglia, 2º Gr. C., Osoppo, March 1945

This Gustav was flown by Magg. Mario Bellagambi, commander of 5ª Squadriglia. According to his own notebook, as described by D'Amico, 16 Gustavs, mostly G-14s, G-14/AS and possibly some G-10, were on strength in March, 1945. Bellagambi got "ace" status with 14 (11 with the ANR) victories, and survived the war. His mount almost did, being destroyed with a charge in the radio compartment at Villafranca, as "White 11" of 6ª Squadriglia, to which it had been transferred on 14th March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back