Bf-109 Wreck - circa '44 or '45

Discussion in 'Aircraft Pictures' started by WreckXplr, Sep 20, 2010.

1. WreckXplr

WreckXplr New Member

.GOV
    [​IMG]

This photo was taken by my wife's grandfather who was with a Tank Destroyer batt north of the "Bulge" in WWII. No exact details on where this was, but might have been Holland as he was there for a number of months during the war. Short of it being a German 109, I can't tell much more about it. If anyone can see any more details from the photo, I'd appreciate knowing more about this plane.

WreckXplr

2. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    Not a lot of detail to discover the unit, but just visible on top of the wings, above the area of the landing gear wells, are the raised fairings which indicate this is probably a Bf109K.
    It's an outside chance that other members here might have photos taken from a different angle, where the background can be compared to match the aircraft and place, which might give further information.

3. razor1uk

razor1uk Well-Known Member

Tamago no Chie
    I after playing with the picture to try and squeeze any detail out, it certainly got K style wings.
    There appears top be a bulge infront of the windscreen, so it could be a factory upgrade from a G6/G14, although the upper forward fuz' doesnt seem to have the tapered bulges of a late/last model 109 like a G6 Late or G10A/S etc or for that matter the supposed 'K' standard, so this is a upgraded to K standeard G model, I think.

4. phas3e

phas3e Member

I'm not seeing the chin bulges for the 605D that would be on a G10 or K-4
    there apears to be MG151 bulges seen above the supercharger intake my guess is a G-14

5. al49

al49 Well-Known Member

retired
    Also in my opinion she could be A G-14, but with larger 660 x 190 main wheels identified by the large bulges on wings.
    Large VDM9-12159A propellers were also used on G-14
    Alberto