Bf 109F-2 Fine Molds 1/72 "Noughts and crosses"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

net_sailor

Senior Airman
Nov 2, 2006
Elbląg/Poland
www.dws.org.pl
Noughts are winning! :lol:

The model is a well known Fine Molds kit. I added Part photoetched parts and Techmod decals.
My model reflects an aircraft of Stab I./JG3 flown by Hans von Hahn in the summer of 1941.

hahn_%2B024.jpg

hahn_%2B025.jpg

hahn_%2B027.jpg

hahn_%2B022.jpg

hahn_%2B045.jpg

hahn_%2B044.jpg

hahn_%2B040.jpg

Forming a "doughnuts":
hahn_%2B004.jpg

Thanks guys for your positive reception.
Now, I WILL ask how the spiral on the spinner was done.
It was simple: on white painted spinner I applied a strip of masking tape (about 0,3 mm wide), and then painted a green colour. However it took two approaches cause first spiral get an irregular edges (some glue from masking tape gathered on the edges), and the spinner had to a wash up. I used blue PVC masking tape (3M). The "paper" Tamiya tape is not elastic enough to make tight spiral on middle.

Anyway, this model got a riveting on all metal surfaces. On the photos some of the rivet rows are visible on the horizontal stabiliser or in front of the coolers.

Just had another look, when I realised this is in 1/72nd scale - I thought it was good,thinking it was 1/48th scale, but in 'Tiny Tot' scale, it's fantastic !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back