Bf 109F Paper Model

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello friends.
I've been visiting this forum for a month now, and learning from you about the great classic war birds. I even bought some WWII planes magazines, and all.
Now I ventured into modeling one in paper. I'm a paper model builder, but never built one of these before. And I found this one, and I think is a very good model.
The specifics are:
scale 1/50
paper: 110 lb cardstock
printer: HP 5600 series
glue: UHU
where I got it: DeWayne Paper Scale Models Store
just $2.75 US (downloadable after payment)

More models to come on this media.

DSC_0087.JPG

Its in the photo section, labeled as a Bf-109T to be the aircraft used on the German aircraft carriers and it is painted with the prewar red national flag with swastika on the tail.

They were not painted that way...

No that is not the pic that I am talking about. I am talking a pic of a paper model of a Bf-109T in the link that he posted.

The Bf-109T was based off the Bf-109E with an arrester hook and a longer wingspan.

The only Bf-109T that was painted similiar to that was the prototype but it did not have camoflage, like this one does.

Wurger and Adler you are right. Both!
Wurger hosted picture of prototype coded TK+HM to compare with model. As you can see the code leters are too small and different type of swastika on this a/c was painted.

Yes, It has been my intention.Point for you Net_sailor :).Besides I agree with you Adler,the Bf109Ts have never been painted in the way like we can see in the pic of the model.I remember the FACE model of the Bf 109T in 1:72 scale.Two camos were included with decals for Bf109T-0 (TK+HM) tested in Travemunde in winter 1939-1940 and Bf109T-2 from JG/77 used in Stavanger 1941.Both a/cs were painted with dunkelgrun-RLM71/schwarzgrun-RLM70/hellblau-RLM65 camouflage.

Thank you for the notes about the camouflages and stuff. I'm in diapers in this subjects, but that's why I joined this forum. And comments from guys like you all I can say is... Thank you for pointing that out. Now I can add more info to my models.

Anyway, more paper models are coming. Right now I'm finishing a P-51C III (from the same source).

They are very nice models Paperjerry.:thumbleft:
Keep your modelling up.If you want,there are nice sites with free paper models in Internet,I have somewhere some links to them.

Bf-109Ts never went into service did they? Therefore it is really a moot point considering what type of camo they would have had. They were designed to serve on aircraft carriers that were never finished. The Bf-109 Tropical on the other hand was an aircraft that did exist but never lived up to the Bf-109 reputation owing to the heavy weight of the air filter necessary to allow the engine to work in the desert...

Bf109T-2 from JG/77 used in Stavanger 1941.Both a/cs were painted with dunkelgrun-RLM71/schwarzgrun-RLM70/hellblau-RLM65 camouflage.

Read this carefuly.

What is wrong?

Ah,ja.In 1941 the colours of the Luftwaffe fighters camo were a bit different from the ealier colour palette.You've meant RLM-71/02/65 camouflage pattern.You are right.As you can see the human memory isn't perfect.I saw the model a long long time ago.Therefore I haven't remembered that the kit offered two different variants of camo or not.In article about the kit was stated that both planes were painted with the same variant of camo. There is the Bf 109T-2 profile I've found in the AJ-Press publication No.8 about Messerschmitt Bf 109.It is depicted as Bf 109T-2 flown by Ltn.Alfred Jakobi from 13./JG77 at Stavanger airfield in 1941.I hope it was a correct profile 'cos I haven't seen the B&W pic of the plane so far.

Attachments

• Bf 109T-2_13JG77_Stavanger1941.jpg
    Bf 109T-2_13JG77_Stavanger1941.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 102
Bf-109Ts never went into service did they? Therefore it is really a moot point considering what type of camo they would have had. They were designed to serve on aircraft carriers that were never finished. The Bf-109 Tropical on the other hand was an aircraft that did exist but never lived up to the Bf-109 reputation owing to the heavy weight of the air filter necessary to allow the engine to work in the desert...

Yes the Bf-109T was put into service just not on an Aircraft Carrier. When the Graf Zeppelin never panned out the aircraft were sent to operational units. They were used in Norway. 70 were put into service with JG 77, JG Helgoland and later NJG 101.

Get the book SEA EAGLES The Messerschmitt Bf-109T by Francis L. Marschall. It is a very good book and tell the complete history of the Bf-109T from development to the end and the histyory of each individual Bf-109T.

Below is a picture of a Bf-109T. There is also one surviving in Musuem but it has been repainted to represent a BoB Bf-109E.

Attachments

• Bf-109T.JPG
    Bf-109T.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back