BF-109F2 Cockpit question (Fuel shut off, etc.)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

waterman

Airman
Dec 18, 2012
Hi,

I'm using Eduard's BF-102F PE set. There are 3 levers mounted along side the cockpit walls (one being the fuel shut off). The back end of these levers aren't connected to anything (ends are suspended in mid-air). It looks like these ends will be visible. Does anyone have any knowledge that will help me to complete the detail. I just want to continue the detail, so the incomplete points won't be so obvious.

Here's a photo. Click on the thumbnail for a better view:

th_090_zps1002c479-1_zps151a7efc.jpg

Yes, there is a trap to super-detailing, when you add things that can never be seen. Check the fit of the instrument panel to those levers and see how they look.

I dry fitted the cockpit control panel and front windscreen. The ends of the rods are clearly visible. Not so surprising, as I can see the rudder pedals which are further inside. Guess, I'll extend those rods all the way to the firewall. Seems like there should be more bracing for the length of run, but I won't get too carried away. Just don't want the lack of detail to be too obvious. Thanks for the tips!!!

Hi,

I'm using Eduard's BF-102F PE set. There are 3 levers mounted along side the cockpit walls (one being the fuel shut off). The back end of these levers aren't connected to anything (ends are suspended in mid-air). It looks like these ends will be visible. Does anyone have any knowledge that will help me to complete the detail. I just want to continue the detail, so the incomplete points won't be so obvious.

Here's a photo. Click on the thumbnail for a better view:

th_090_zps1002c479-1_zps151a7efc.jpg

As far as I can tell, according to the Haynes Owner's Manual, to port is the tropical airfilter open/close handle (24), below the fuel shut-off, and to starboard is the radiator flap control (44) (below which, on some aircraft, is a bomb release handle 45).

Depending on the aircraft you're building the air filter handle might not be needed. The radiator flap control looks to have a tube running to the firewall under the instrument panel. Lots of different colours to highlight the basic RLM 66.

Attachments

• 109G-2 cockpit.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 420
  • 109G cockpit 1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Aozora, thanks for the reference photos. They answer other questions I had. Like I suspected I may have glued my rudder pedals too far forward, and I see that is the case alright. Crying out loud! Well, now I'll be better prepared on my next 109.

Aozora, thanks for the reference photos. They answer other questions I had. Like I suspected I may have glued my rudder pedals too far forward, and I see that is the case alright. Crying out loud! Well, now I'll be better prepared on my next 109.

Cheers. Look forward to seeing the finished 109F (and I won't mention the rudder pedals) :-\"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back