BF 109g-14 'Black 8' of 10./JG 4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alte Hase

Airman 1st Class
Sep 25, 2011
Hi all...

I was wondering if anybody on here has ANY info or pictures of the BF 109G-14 'Black 8', flown by Oblt. Rolf Schlegel (?), of 10./JG4 in late 1944-early 1945. I have been totally unable to find any info on this aircraft and certainly haven't found any photos, so anything would be greatly appreciated! Also, has anybody got its W.Nr.? Or even a POSSIBLE/PROBABLE W.Nr for this aircraft?

Thanks so much in advance!

Found in 3 seconds... Google is your friend.... :lol:

Bf 109G-14 of Oblt. Rolf Schlegel of 10./JG4, based at Jüterbog in March 1945

td.g14-sw8_schlegel_10jg4.jpg

2_182.jpg

BF109G14_10-JG4_Schlegel_wSW.png

Last edited:
here's one pic for you....before i knocked the camera off the table and broke the bl**dy thing....

Source: Storming the bombers JG4 Vol 2 Eric Mombeek

Attachments

• Black 8__0357.JPG
    Black 8__0357.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 780
may I suggest NO yellow under engine cowling and the Ritter wappen shield is ah white background colour, need to pull out the German version of JG 4

Hey Erich, how are you doing Sir?

on this bird, looking at the 2 primary photo's the shield background colour does not appear white when compared to the white fuselage balkenkreuz more obvious in the10 o'clock shot.
The lower cowling is much darker than the visible surrounding RLM76 above the exhaust, one could certainly accept that the lower cowling could be yellow from this evidence.

hey Wayne just fatigued really with the daily hit of Chemo every nite, thanks for asking my friend.

yes you are right the background of the shield appears very light blue and from one pic the mottling of the engine cowling goes down into the lower cowling then another pic probably the one you refer to is a solid colour odf some sort but two areas of smudge or this mottling that I spoke of. this late period would not think yellow would be used anymore as an ID due to the fact US fighters would home in on this A/C flown by some leader .... wish we could see if there was a black vertical gruppe bar behind the Reichsband or not but the pic cuts it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back