Bf 109G-6 'red 16' 'yellow 8' of 3/JG 4 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P-40K-5

Banned
Oct 6, 2010
Earth
René Darbois Bf109G-6 W.Nr 160756, is well documented, but was wondering if anybody had any pics of Bf 109G-6 'red 16' of 8/JG 53 at Managio in June 1944, or 'yellow 8' of 3/JG 4 also at Managio in July 1944. or posible any other 109's of that unit. both the above 109's are of simular camo schemes as to W.Nr 160756.
thanks.

I think so. Looks like your tastes run into the very rare pics. You're posting over at LEMB too I believe? If they don't have any, they likely don't exist but keep your eye on their E-Bay watch.

ha ha perhaps lol. I just like 109's with non-standard camo schemes. and no, I havn't been posting on Luftwaffe experten(?) message board.
I should sign up though.

Yup. There or 12 O'Clock High or both. Some real scholars on those boards and lots of rare pics if you ask nicely. A little more serious than our lot though!

12 O'clock high I'm been waiting for days to get out of quarrintine lol. signed up on LEMB I had my post edited for various
things, mostly for say, writing Bf 109G-6 rather then Bf109G-6 or something like that. then got a stirn warning from Peter(?).
well thats it for that lol.

Took me about 4 days to get out of quarantine at TOCH. Not sure what you would have done to pi$$ off Peter at LEMB. He's a nice chap and tends his website like a Japanese garden, often combining similar posts, etc. Making a/c symantics the saame makes good sense for the searches.

didn't do anything to pee him off, other then using the wrong grammatical terminology I guess.

yes you are correct Sir. it should have read III./JG53.

on a sadder note, Nick Beale banned me on LEMB for posting the exact same question on Peter's Site.
I'd tried to get the terminology correct, which I think I did. so why he did that who knows.

Brits running a Luftwaffe Expert message board. its akin to a Jewish person being head of the New
Nazi Movement LOL!

8/JG53 or III/JG53 no problem, but better to use the staffel designator to narrow it down, there were some colour changes for the staffeln through the years as well as increasing of gruppen from 3 to 4 staffels which in turn changed the staffeln numbers within a gruppe. So 8 Staffel can be in III gruppe when each had 3 making up the strength but when they increased to 4, the 8th then became part of II gruppe, and then the colour changed for the numbers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back