Bf.109G2/R1 with two drop tanks plus 250 or 500 kg bomb

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gorizont

Airman
Oct 17, 2006
Hello!

It's widely known that there was an experimental Bf.109G2/R1 equipped with two attachment underwing points for 300 l drop tanks and ETC 500 IX b for 500 kg bomb. In the case of arming by 500 kg bomb a auxiliery wheel would be attached.
But as far as I know there were a batch of messerschmitts designated as Bf.109G2/R1 (for exaple in I./JG53) produced by Fisieler and Scoda. Were they identical to that experimental aircraft or just equipped by only ETC 500 (as R1 for all other Gustav mods)?
If they were identical were there any battle mission with two drop tanks plus 500-kg bomb?

AFAIR they were just long-range fighter-bombers without the impractical set of wheels and thus limited to a 250kg bomb.

AFAIR they were just long-range fighter-bombers without the impractical set of wheels and thus limited to a 250kg bomb.

Thanks for the answer. I guess it but is there any evidence of a battle mission of G2/R1 with rwo drop tanks and 250-kg. bomb? Or all the JaBo missions were fulfilled with just a bomb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back