BF 110 G2 itallerie conversion. 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ronkootje

Airman
Jun 19, 2009
I whent and got the BF110 c3/c4 from itallerie the kit itself is nog correct so i found a book whit scale drawings init, (Messerschmitt BF110 vol II by Marek J. Murawski). the book comes whit a 1/48 scale deatailled drawing and free decals in 1/48 and 1/72.

The kit itself is pretty basic allthoug the cockpit of itallerie is pretty good i have a detaille set from eduard fot the cockpit and extirior sum ressin MG's. The kit hase raised pannel lines :mad: so ill have to riscribed the whole darwn thing.
Overall outlines are a few mm off scal so ill have to corect them two.

The model il try to build is the BF 110 G2-2 Montecorvino, Italy September 1943
Anny one got sum good pictures of the cockpit?

Regards Ron

Taking fusalage against the scale drawing it was a few mm off so i went sawing in the fusalage that look's like this
Foto-LYQUIIOW.jpg

I marked the halves whit numers 1/4 so i wont confuse them next i cut strips styrene in the correct lengt and thickness and glued it togheter.
Foto-HQMAHV7X.jpg

Foto-NG3JGUCB.jpg

then i started sanding for a few hours and then i gave it a coate of primer to look for flaws.
Foto-RMDMGSOY.jpg

Sanding again and its drying of the second coate of primer this whill take a long time then its up to the scribing of pannel/rivvits.

Regards Ron

Gone ahead and made some progress

The hull is almost done it will get a layer of primer to check for flaws and then its time for the rivits/pannelines.

Al the white on the hull is styrene that i had to add to correct the itallerie hull to the BF110 G2 it took me a long time but it worked out fine, the nose is done whit milliput as the shape of the nose was not correct.
I had to make a few adjustments for the canopy to fit the hull that took me a few hours..
The cockpit is all scratch whit sum PE parts it look fine by.
All the gaps and holes i filled whit Secgleu the reason why i did this is that its just as hard as the styreen there for the pannellines are easyer to bring on if i had done this whit putty you take the risk of sinking in the putty whit your scriber because ist muts softer then the styreen.
here are sum progress pics have funn.

Foto-QFKJHGKN.jpg

This pic shows the peach i had to cutt of to fit the canopy not that hard to do i always use tape to mask the line instead of a pencel line its easyer to follow whit the saw.
Foto-RNSIUCFS.jpg

In this pic i fitted the cockpit and sum added strips to fit the canopy fluss to the hull.
Foto-OI4YTUCU.jpg

Foto-L6Y3DEDB.jpg

This pic shows the peach of styreen i had to gleu on the hull because it was to low for the canopy and the drawings, i gleud it first whit normal revell gleu then i took som secgleu on a thootpic and put that on the edges to dry.
Then i took 400 sandpaper and sanded the whole thing flus whit the hull and canopy.
Foto-3RLORQKF.jpg

Same thing for the tail i had to make new because the one in the box was not correct.
Foto-ZGOZU847.jpg

Here is the nose corrected to the richt shape and sanded fluss whit the hull.
Foto-JCVIUH3H.jpg

The overall look of the hull.

Regards Ron

Excellent work Ron. I'm still looking for some pictures for you. The only ones I've found so fsar are not very clear, and i doubt they'll be of any use, but I'm sure I've got some better ones somewhere!

And again we made some progress whit this bird :) so far this build is going verry whell and its funn to do!

I have completed the hull whit all the panneline's and rivit's it was a hell of a job but whell worth the efford if i my say so myself.
The tail is finnished two all the controle surface's are cut off and placed in an angel i always do that to the models it make them look better in my view.
Foto-PCSL8NVD.jpg

Foto-A8VNIIQK.jpg

Foto-HYYAJG4J.jpg

Foto-VZAGPZ6E.jpg

Foto-ZRPJZC3P.jpg

All the dark spots that you c is secgleu cus i had to corect some pannellines that where no good it took a few hours :shock:

Next up was the wing i have dry fitted it to c if the angel and position of the wing is overall good seems ok by me.
The next thing i have started with was cutting of the flaps on the main wing this was not to hard to do only need some patience and a steady hand :) that looks kinda like this.
Foto-L7GRELCK.jpg

Foto-QJ3R7GLZ.jpg

The thing whit this kinda work is when you take your time it saves you allot of sanding after i cleaned the parts i test fitted it to the hull.
Foto-YTDJY8FL.jpg

Foto-I8TGBSFO.jpg

The flap dissapeares in the engine cowling so i have to thinn that out so it fits nicely that's gonna take some time, and i have to sand an angel into the wing so that the flaps can hang from the inside of the wing.
I took a peace of 3 mm styrene to the back of the wing and gleu it in place so that the wing root is nice and fluss whit the hull next step is marking the lines for the angel inside the wing.

Regards Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back