BF109 1/48 tamiya (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JamesT

Recruit
Jan 1, 2011
Niagara Falls
Hi dudes I stumbled across your forum while searching stuff about planes lol
thought I'd join up to share some of my stuff.

this is my latest work, Tamiya 109, I made up my own color scheme since I like desert paint on this airplane the best.

I used tamiya paints, weathered it up with oils. sealed all in with tamiya flat base mixed with future.

IMGP2975.gif

IMGP2978.gif

IMGP2981.gif

IMGP2954.gif

IMGP2983.gif

IMGP2958.gif

IMGP2998.gif

Yes ... looking really very nice. And I agree with Wayne. Although she is wearing your camo scheme you should have made a better focus on markings. There is a picture of Bf109E-7/trop flown by the Gruppen Adiutant I/JG27 Oblt. Ludwig Franzisket. The image was taken on El Gazala airfield in Libya , 1941. The difference between the plane and your model is that the plane had the cone-shape spinner and filter on the air intake to the supercharger. So with not too huge efford you could make the variant of Emil. Concerning markings ... almost all looks good. But you should have added a white band on her tail and the shewron of the Gruppendajutant should have been moved a little bit back. The main mistake seems to be the fuselage "Cross" The kind of the marking was used during the early period of WW2 ( the Sepetember Campaign 1939 in Poland for instance ). In addition, these crosses were smaller. Later the fuselage crosses were of different type. The mentioned Bf109E-7/trop was coloured overall with the RLM79 Sandgelb and RLM78 Hellblau on undersides. Of course there was the emblem of the JG27 on the engine cowling.

cheers guys, interesting facts !,
although I take artistic license with my models and don't bother to research any particular airplanes lol. just go for cool factor mainly

I was gonna add a white band though but didn't have any white paint left :lol:!

Great model there mate. I like it. The main thing is to build a model to your own pleasure and you don't need to bother with all historical details to do that. Only few things separate this Bf 109E to be historically accurate though - sand filter, white fuselage band, wider fuselage crosses (as mentioned), JG 27 badge on engine cowling and demarcation line between two camouflage colors should be extended to the lower part of the fuselage like in the profile below...

But as I said, great looking model as it is. Cheers!

Attachments

• Osprey - Aircraft of the Aces 002 - Bf109 Aces of North Africa and the Mediterranean_Page_40.jpg
    Osprey - Aircraft of the Aces 002 - Bf109 Aces of North Africa and the Mediterranean_Page_40.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Of course, a hammering hasn't been a purpose in the case. I was trying to to tell you how close to Luftwaffe painting and marking rules you were. Please have a look at the profile.... source - Mushroom Model Magazine Special Yellow Series 6102 Messerschmitt Bf 109E.

Attachments

• bf109E7trop JG27 Gazala 1941.jpg
    bf109E7trop JG27 Gazala 1941.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 162
Loving the overall effect, that weathering looks very realistic, guess that plane had been in a few sand storms?

You should be well proud of the finish.

How do you get that dusty effect?

thanks guys, i didn't realize how close to an actual plane it was. cool stuff! :shock:

I welcome any criticisms and advise. always looking to improve on each build, but prefer it to be geared towards build quality than historical accuracy unless I'm trying to replicate a plane in a rare case of course lol

@FlexiBull
the overall worn out paint is made by blending in white oil paint, i do this while the gloss coat is on, for dusty grime build up I do more of a drybrush of some brown oil paint, being oil you can work it around and blend it to make the look you after..

Bitchin weathering!
keep going with your artistic license, it came out excellent!

For the upteen person out there the finish is frigg'in awesome bud!keep it up :thumbleft: Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back