Bf109 K-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guys

Going to re-paint the Bf109 K-4 for my niece:D

Question:?: Did the mentioned type fly in the med:oops:

Thanks

No, as far as I'm aware it came into service too late to serve in the MTO.

However, here's a couple of ideas..

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Thanks Paul

Wasn't sure, thanks for the colour pics
Only doing it ( re-painting as i have nothing to do:oops: ) also still no sign of getting any cash from the SS:evil:

Sorry to hear that Keith, I hope they loosen the purse strings soon.

Have you seen this picture? I suspect it is colourized though..

Attachments

• bf109ksharpest.jpg
    bf109ksharpest.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 165
I rather like the K-4 myself Keith. I have the Japo book "Bf 109 K Camouflage and Markings" so if you need any specific help let me know.

Here's a few more pics.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 193
I rather like the K-4 myself Keith. I have the Japo book "Bf 109 K Camouflage and Markings" so if you need any specific help let me know.

Here's a few more pics.
That second pic's interesting
the plane in the rearground, what is it? The missing canopy suggests Focke-wulf but the tail seems to be from something else - does the pic have a caption?

I believe there was some conjecture about certain 190's having different tails in a thread on this forum quite recently wasn't there? I'm not a "Wurger" expert, perhaps Wojtek could help out here?

I think it's anormal FW190A tail, but the original print is blemished or similar. The line of the wing beyond the FW cuts across the fuselage line of the FW, and the light area is possibly the blemish, too high a contrast in the print, or a combination etc.

Thanks guys and thanks Paul

i might get back intouch with you about some stuff about this kite

Hi guys,

I think it is the standard Fw190A like Wayne said. The posted by Paul pics is of too big size. So I resized it down. Here you are the better view. The Fw190A is very interesting because someone dismounted the cockpid conopy and put it back on the fuselage. I'm not sure but I might have seen the Wurger in pics somewhere before. I have to check ....

Attachments

• wrackage.jpg
    wrackage.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
The photograph was taken at Kastrup Airfield, Denmark in 1945. This photograph shows many abandoned and wrecked Bf 109's, Fw 190's and Ju 88's and can be found on page 38 of "Bf 109 K-4 Camouflage and Markings" Japo Publications.

Of particular note to Jan and Wurger is what appears to be a "Red 13" (or possibly "Red 10") in the larger version of the picture behind the one speculated about.

Blast... still no scanner!

Finally I have found the Fw190A.
However the aircraft is depicted as the Fw190A-9 of II./JG11 at Kastrup airfield in Denmark the spring 1945 ( Kagero series of books about Fw190) and on the site ( link below ) as the Fw190A-8 of I./JG1 in May of1945

Focke.

Anyway I'm almost sure it is the same Wurger "Yellow 1" in the pics.

Attachments

• fw190A Kastrup Airfield_1945.jpg
    fw190A Kastrup Airfield_1945.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 114
Hi guy's

nearly finished the paint job on the bairns ( my niece ) bf 109 k-4 just the clearcoat and varnish to put on it.

Then pics and the info of the colour scheme from the instructions to put up.

Then back to bordem land for awhile:cry:

I think you are rigth Wurger the same light spot on the lower half of the tailfin
Nice one!:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back