Bf109E-3 Herbert Ihlefeld I.(J) / LG 2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Here's why I haven't paid due attention to my Ju88 and P-47D over the past week... couldn't just take the Ki-84 from the PTO build to the Model Expo in Melbourne so I got stuck in to finishing this little baby for another category...

It is the 1/72 Tamiya kit.....have included an image of the real aircraft as well of this rather colourful bird!

Source : the internet.

Attachments

• Ihlefeld_Bf109E-3_Model_9925.JPG
    Ihlefeld_Bf109E-3_Model_9925.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 271
  • Ihlefeld_Bf109E-3_Model_9926.jpg
    Ihlefeld_Bf109E-3_Model_9926.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Ihlefeld Bf109E3 5057  35 bb.jpg
    Ihlefeld Bf109E3 5057 35 bb.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 271
:shock:

Awesome Wayne! A great scheme you found there. Do you know what timeframe that picture was taken and where? Early Barbarossa maybe?

There's a Robert Taylor print on my wall, "Assault on the Capital" depicting Ihlefeld's Black 1 during the BoB.

Good luck in the competition. Holding my breath.

Just stunning Wayne,beautiful job.8)
Cheers,
Tony.

:shock:

Awesome Wayne! A great scheme you found there. Do you know what timeframe that picture was taken and where? Early Barbarossa maybe?

There's a Robert Taylor print on my wall, "Assault on the Capital" depicting Ihlefeld's Black 1 during the BoB.

Good luck in the competition. Holding my breath.

The photo was taken end of March or early April in 1941 at the start of the Balkans Campaign, Andy.

Can't say I've ever seen that scheme before, looks great; as does your model. Beautiful work.

Lots of extra yellow for the Balkans Migrant and she had a non standard camo on the wings too!

Thanks for your comments Guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back