Bf109T Christmann

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Swing

Recruit
Jul 9, 2010
I've been building hasegawa 1/48 Bf109T. This kit provides decal of JG77&NJG101, but I pretend to make it as JG11 Herbert Christmann's "black 6".
On Hasegawa former product 09326, this aircraft has yellow band on rear fuselage.However, academy's recent kit shows the band is omitted.
Would anyone find some evidence, whether the yellow band exists? Colours drawings have various answers.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• Bf_109_E_43.jpg
    Bf_109_E_43.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 254
I do not see anything in the second photograph that persuades me it has a yellow band. However, I am sure that those that believe it had one will be able to see one. So you will have to make your own mind up. Good luck.

The last 109T retired from operational service in August 1944.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 188
  • bf109t_NEW.pdf
    772.2 KB · Views: 125
It's hard to be certain, but the second pic of Werk N. 276 appears to have some sort of band, under the shadow of the pilot closing the radio/first aid hatch. Although it would seem to be rather dark in tone to be yellow, it could be, depending on the film/paper used for the original photo.
I admit I don't know enough about the 'T', or it's use, so I can't say if there should be a band, yellow or any other colour, so as Antoni stated, it's down to the individual to decide.

I think it's just the sun Chris, causing a highlight on the side of the oil cooler housing, making it look flat on the side, and elongated at the front.

The Me-109T is a variant of the Me-109E. I'm surprised such an early model Me-109 would be flying combat missions during June 1944.

Luftwaffe OOB shows 12 109Es (and 110 109Fs) still in service in Norway in Jan-1944. Its not inconceivable that the 109Es were still in service five months later.

Given there were roughly 2000 109Es built, its unsurprising that some would still be kicking about in backwater theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back