Bill Runnels passed away

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Let's think how fortunate we were to have a WWII veteran like Bill Runnels among ourseves, for a time that for the whole of us has certainly been too short. His post were true aviation history lessons, and I hope that his post will be collected and preserved. I'm deeply honoured to have had some "likes" from him. My deepest condolences to his Family.

What's the cost of getting it printed and bound? Do his family have them all collected together?
I've emailed the pdf to his granddaughter a couple of weeks ago. Did not get a reply on that, so I don't know if that arrived. I've no idea about printing and binding. Pdf is convenient as it can be multiplied and spread among the family.

From Bill's son:

Hi everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday afternoon at the age of 93. I cant begin to tell you how much your kindness meant to him. You were a bright spot for Dad in every since of the word. I must tell you, that the day before he passed away, he was talking to his old bomber crew mates who died in 1945. They were never far from his heart. God bless you all for the love and adoration you showed my Dad. I can tell you this with certainty, that Dad was everything you perceived him to be. A wonderful husband and father and a true war hero. Thank you for honoring him the way you did.

Mark Runnels, Bill's first born

Sad to lose another WWII vet.

Salute to him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back