Black Buck Mission documentary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fastmongrel

1st Sergeant
May 28, 2009
Lancashire
I know its not WWII but just watched a documentary on the Falklands War Black Buck bombing mission on Channel 4 in the UK, called Falklands most daring raid. What a good documentary no flashy graphics or special effects, in fact it was probably made for buttons. Just the men who did the longest bombing run of the 20th Century and the Tanker crews who got them there and back talking with reconstructions of the flight inside the genuine (though obviously not flying) aircraft. If you get the chance to watch it I reccomend you do so.

I know theres people on this forum who think anything or anyone British is automatically rubbish and incompetent but these men really showed how to defeat the odds and do there duty.

Great raid and very impressive feat with one of history's most beautiful aircraft. Would love to see the film. Have always admired this as an example of a mission well executed. In some ways the RAF's own Doolittle raid.

I think the History Channel did a show on this also. I remember watching it. It talked about the hours in the air and fuel problems not only for the bombers but the tankers as well. I'd like to see the film also.

Just watched it on '4OD' - well presented and worth seeing. An incredible feat in an ageing aircraft.

I loved the bit about a vital piece of the Vulcans refueling system being used as an ash tray. You couldnt make that up :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back