Blockbusters Still Around!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1.8 tons, wow, that's a big bomb! I know there were bigger but I thought most of what was dropped was of the 500 the 1,000 lb. range. See what I get for thinking.:lol: That is really going to disrupt the city for a day, but I it's better to find it this way than the alternative.

Really hope they get this thing done without any loss of life or property damage.

Unfortunately there are hundreds of thousands of UXOs littered all over Europe, and the innocents of today are still at risk.

Hope that it is removed safely. That is one big ass bomb.

Really hope they get this thing done without any loss of life or property damage.

Unfortunately there are hundreds of thousands of UXOs littered all over Europe, and the innocents of today are still at risk.

Agreed Chris there are many that haven't been found (and may never be).

According to german reports it was a 4000lbs (= 1.8 tonnes, not tons) aerial mine. They had problems with the american bomb as it was damaged and not easy to defuse.
It was not just a smoke grenade - this was a fog canister/ton containing some dangerous chemicals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back